The Student Room Group

Should HS2 be scrapped?

Scroll to see replies

Interesting that a lot of people are saying we need to improve public transport yet if you look at public transport right now, no one is using it. It is empty. I note that the BBC in Manchester are reassessing their office arrangements since the COVID crisis has seen things function perfectly formally with people from home. And this is echoed all over the place. My friends and brother are all reporting that decisions are being made about whether to keep open huge expensive offices. With the exception of BT (that progressive (not) technology company that is helping so many people work from home) who seem hell bent on forcing all their employees into the most dour of office buildings.
Original post by ByEeek
Interesting that a lot of people are saying we need to improve public transport yet if you look at public transport right now, no one is using it. It is empty. I note that the BBC in Manchester are reassessing their office arrangements since the COVID crisis has seen things function perfectly formally with people from home. And this is echoed all over the place. My friends and brother are all reporting that decisions are being made about whether to keep open huge expensive offices. With the exception of BT (that progressive (not) technology company that is helping so many people work from home) who seem hell bent on forcing all their employees into the most dour of office buildings.

This will speed up home working by years I have zero doubt of that but it isn’t going to be an all of a sudden thing.

Also public transport will fill up when people trust not getting Covid.
Would be better to bring trams to cities and towns in Britain. Improve existing North-South connections. Personally, I would reopen many of the lines that have closed in the last century. It would connect parts of the country and reduce reliance on cars. So all in all there are more worthy projects than HS2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending