The Student Room Group

ONS Assistant Economist 2020

Scroll to see replies

What do you mean when you say feedback? All it says on the portal is Successfully passed SAQ test.
Has anyone actually been able to book a slot for their EAC yet? I got an email last week advising the timetable would be available from today, but I haven’t received anything since..
Reply 82
Original post by bleppers
Has anyone actually been able to book a slot for their EAC yet? I got an email last week advising the timetable would be available from today, but I haven’t received anything since..

Same thing for me
so wait, after the SAQ there is an EAC? Was this confirmed after your SAQ results? Because the email I received says if the SAQ is passed, the next stage is the interview. I am hoping there is no technical essay + presentation like in the other grad schemes?
(edited 3 years ago)
There is, it just won’t include the SAQ component as we’ve already passed it. I’ve received a technical report brief and the same document explaining each section of the EAC.
I haven't received the timetable either.Btw does anyone know how many applicants are interviewed vs accepted for this role? Just want to get a sense of the odds :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
For those who have already done the SAQ's, do you have any advice? Do they ask you to share screen as you're typing your answers? I mean how does "invigilating" work online?
Reply 87
Original post by Sadysmith20
For those who have already done the SAQ's, do you have any advice? Do they ask you to share screen as you're typing your answers? I mean how does "invigilating" work online?

You won't share your screen. You're likely to take the test with other applicants. The invigilator just logs in and turns off her camera and watch take the test. You'll then send your answers back to her after 30 minutes
Reply 88
Original post by Sadysmith20

Are SAQ tests still ongoing? I had thought the only dates were 16th and 17th June
Original post by bwab
Are SAQ tests still ongoing? I had thought the only dates were 16th and 17th June?

Yes, I believe so as I have mine today.
Original post by Selci
You won't share your screen. You're likely to take the test with other applicants. The invigilator just logs in and turns off her camera and watch take the test. You'll then send your answers back to her after 30 minutes

Thanks for this! I've never done one of these before so was confused by minimal guidance.
For those who passed the SAQs, the timetable for the second interview is up!
Reply 91
Original post by VennuKumar
For those who passed the SAQs, the timetable for the second interview is up!

Yes I've chosen my date. Which date did you choose?
Reply 92
Hello, when trying to book the interview, there is another confirmed time for the EAC? Does that only include the technical report, and the presentation? For the actual interview it lasts two hours, but here do you just discuss an economic topic, and maybe some competency questions?
Original post by Selci
Yes I've chosen my date. Which date did you choose?

Mine's on the 16 July. How about you? Best of luck!
Reply 94
5th August. Chose the last day. Don't want to wait too long after interview to get feedback
Reply 95
Mine's on the 16 July. How about you? Best of luck!

How did you find it?
Original post by bwab
How did you find it?

It was quite tough IMO. Hope I did enough to pass :smile:

When's your interview?
Reply 97

When's your interview?

Did they say when you are supposed to hear back? I have mine on 27th and I'm wondering if I should expect to know the result soon after or later once everyone is done.
Hopefully the communication will be better than for the GES mainstream...
Reply 98

When's your interview?

Have had it now, agree it was quite tough but not unreasonable. No way to blag it if you don’t know the stuff
Reply 99
Original post by Hugo421
Did they say when you are supposed to hear back? I have mine on 27th and I'm wondering if I should expect to know the result soon after or later once everyone is done.
Hopefully the communication will be better than for the GES mainstream...

They have pencilled in the week commencing 17th August for releasing results but are hoping it will be before then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending