The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Hi
I was accepted as estranged student and I was told I would or should receive the maximum when it comes to student finance maintenance l just checked my account and it’s down as 10,000 for the year surely this can’t be right? When I had my mother backing my application in 2020 I was in like 12,000 so how is this possible
Original post by jojo2730
Hi
I was accepted as estranged student and I was told I would or should receive the maximum when it comes to student finance maintenance l just checked my account and it’s down as 10,000 for the year surely this can’t be right? When I had my mother backing my application in 2020 I was in like 12,000 so how is this possible

Hi Jojo,

Your entitlement is based on where you'll be living and studying and also the length of the course year. It may be your previous university, course (or year) was a long course 'outwith the 30 weeks and 3 days' of a regular course and that's why your entitlement was more. If you contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account we can check this and further assist. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending