The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett Sixth Form 2020

Hey :smile: I was just wondering whether anyone has applied for the Sept. 2020 entry. Do you know when we may start finding about interviews and what grades they (realistically) consider???

Scroll to see replies

Heyy, I got my offer today!!
Original post by Mythsical
Heyy, I got my offer today!!

Oh wow congrats!!! Unfortunately I didn't because of my predicted (my school has this thing where they don't predict us 9's so that we don't leave) but I will reapply on results day :smile: Well done, you going to go there?
thank you!! I hope you're successful in the summer :smile: I'm still deciding between HBS and Woodhouse
Original post by Ortographer0311
Hey :smile: I was just wondering whether anyone has applied for the Sept. 2020 entry. Do you know when we may start finding about interviews and what grades they (realistically) consider???

hey so i basically got a conditional offer a while ago and there was supposed to be like an “intro day” but not really on the 19th of March, but they cancelled that due to the corona outbreak.
i wrote to them last week asking how they’re going accept us now, like will there be a test or something and they replied back saying that they don’t know and will have more info by the summer term :/ idk what’s up so im just prepping for A Levels
Yeah good idea, that must be stressful. I’m wondering whether I have a chance, I have six 9’s and four 8’s but like they emailed me saying they would rank us so if someone has like a clean sweep then I’m out lol
The same thing happened to the Dame Alice induction day it also got cancelled even though it was supposed to be in like June
Original post by Ortographer0311
Yeah good idea, that must be stressful. I’m wondering whether I have a chance, I have six 9’s and four 8’s but like they emailed me saying they would rank us so if someone has like a clean sweep then I’m out lol
The same thing happened to the Dame Alice induction day it also got cancelled even though it was supposed to be in like June

I mean predicted grades are those but like realistically they were my mocks so I think they will be close to that as the final
Idk though
Original post by lethememinger
hey so i basically got a conditional offer a while ago and there was supposed to be like an “intro day” but not really on the 19th of March, but they cancelled that due to the corona outbreak.
i wrote to them last week asking how they’re going accept us now, like will there be a test or something and they replied back saying that they don’t know and will have more info by the summer term :/ idk what’s up so im just prepping for A Levels

Well done on the offer!
Original post by Zainab1734
heyy, i've applied and i recieved a conditional offer a few weeks ago, if i hear anything else (esp. due to school closures which have already caused one of their meetings to be cancelled) ill be sure to let you know !

Well done!
If I've already gotten a conditional offer will they make me do an exam or reassess my grades even if I meet the entry requirements?
Original post by Mythsical
If I've already gotten a conditional offer will they make me do an exam or reassess my grades even if I meet the entry requirements?

Hopefully not that would just suck and like that would basically be taking the offer away if they were to rerank everyone but then like you never know they may do some sort of exam
Original post by lethememinger

hii, i also got a conditional offer ages ago but I'm starting to worry a bit cuz the last time they contacted me was to cancel the intro day they were supposed to have. other sixth forms have already sent info about enrollment and bridging/transition work, but hbs is the one school that I haven't received anything from. a friend of mine who also got an offer is experiencing the same thing, but i wanted to check if this is the same for anyone else? i have also emailed them about a month ago asking about this but they haven't replied...
Original post by snxry1010
hii, i also got a conditional offer ages ago but I'm starting to worry a bit cuz the last time they contacted me was to cancel the intro day they were supposed to have. other sixth forms have already sent info about enrollment and bridging/transition work, but hbs is the one school that I haven't received anything from. a friend of mine who also got an offer is experiencing the same thing, but i wanted to check if this is the same for anyone else? i have also emailed them about a month ago asking about this but they haven't replied...

its the same for me and my friends as well
has anyone tried to email them? and ask them what is happening?
Original post by Zainab1734
hey, has anyone heard anything? i guess we’ll be waiting until results day, btw does anyone know what the dress code is like?

i got an email from them a few days ago about their enrollment process on results day. they sent a link that will be activated on the 20th of august that we need to fill in before 11am to enroll for a place.
Hiii, has anyone heard anything about the bridging work yet?
I have received an email from HBS and they put me on waiting list, I have no idea about the 6th form waiting list. It seems like a long wait for me !!!
nope, nothing yet has been sent to me
Original post by Allo-Ballo
I have received an email from HBS and they put me on waiting list, I have no idea about the 6th form waiting list. It seems like a long wait for me !!!

hey if you dont mind me asking what grades did you get to get on the waiting list?
hey so yeah they sent some bridging work like last week, but there's quite a lot and none of it is compulsory so ig do it if you want, but most of the kids are just reading the first few chapters to prep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending