The Student Room Group

Ofqual Decision for GCSE's and A level 2021 Examination

So I just found out that the Ofqual put out an open consultation for this topic in July.

Really sucks as I don't think a lot of people knew about this open consultation and could weigh in there decision.

I'll provide a link for you to go through the document they have put together advising exam boards and us what they are currently doing for 2021 GCSE and Alevel candidates.
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/proposed-changes-to-the-assessment-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2021

Personally I borderline disagree with them not shorting the amount of exams or even actual content for majority of Alevels. Also coursework wasn't even shortened they just are now accepting mockups and any other evidence of coursework work being attempted.

I also really disagree with majority of things they have decided on for us.

Tell me what you think in the comments!
Reply 1
Original post by Stanza03
So I just found out that the Ofqual put out an open consultation for this topic in July.

Really sucks as I don't think a lot of people knew about this open consultation and could weigh in there decision.

I'll provide a link for you to go through the document they have put together advising exam boards and us what they are currently doing for 2021 GCSE and Alevel candidates.
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/proposed-changes-to-the-assessment-of-gcses-as-and-a-levels-in-2021

Personally I borderline disagree with them not shorting the amount of exams or even actual content for majority of Alevels. Also coursework wasn't even shortened they just are now accepting mockups and any other evidence of coursework work being attempted.

I also really disagree with majority of things they have decided on for us.

Tell me what you think in the comments!

The questions were worded weirdly in my opinion
I saw this before but I want to put my feelings here too. There has been no change for my subjects (Chemistry, Physics and Psychology) :emo:
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
I saw this before but I want to put my feelings here too. There has been no change for my subjects (Chemistry, Physics and Psychology) :emo:

I think that's totally unfair as I these subjects are very content heavy and time consuming that we don't realistically have time for or to even go over them again in class with teachers for better understanding.
Reply 4
Original post by Usernamechange44
The questions were worded weirdly in my opinion

Which question, mine or theirs. Sorry I'm slightly confused her
I think that's totally unfair as I these subjects are very content heavy and time consuming that we don't realistically have time for or to even go over them again in class with teachers for better understanding.

I definitely agree! My Psychology teacher hasn't even finished year 12 content. Year 13 content for Biology, Chemistry and Physics is already hard enough and if schools close again then we are in trouble.
Reply 6
Which question, mine or theirs. Sorry I'm slightly confused her

Ofqual’s, I feel like they did that on purpose to in a way trick us

Quick Reply

Latest