The Student Room Group

Results day on the 11th?

Result day is on the 11th? I thought it was the 13th, did they just update it or was i confused

Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 15.24.20.png
(edited 3 years ago)
It may be that this is when universities receive results, in order to be able to make decisions in advance of results day?
Reply 2
Original post by bluebeetle
It may be that this is when universities receive results, in order to be able to make decisions in advance of results day?

Track already says its being updated for exam results so they might already have the results, but hopefully that's the reason, cause a l o t of other sources are saying the 13th.
Universities should have results by now; schools get them the day before, but there is an embargo on releasing them to candidates before the morning of the official results day, which this year is thev13th for A levels and 20th for GCSEs.

Looking at the screenshot, however, this relates to.'international' exams, which may have a different timetable?

Eta:
https://help.cambridgeinternational.org/hc/en-gb/articles/205696021-When-will-June-2020-results-be-released-

When will June 2020 results be released?
Cambridge IGCSE, O Level and International AS & A Level results will be released to schools on 11 August at 06:00 (BST) (05:00 UTC/GMT). Schools can issue these results to candidates immediately.
Cambridge Pre-U results will be released to schools on Wednesday 12 August at 00.01 BST (23.01 UTC/GMT Tuesday 11 August). These results can be issued to candidates at 06.00 BST (05.00 UTC/GMT) on Thursday 13 August.

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Alright, I'm an international student so I guess it's best to just assume it'll come out on Tuesday then. Not sure if that means we'll get track updated sooner or not, guess I'll just have to wait
Original post by Ruelynn
Alright, I'm an international student so I guess it's best to just assume it'll come out on Tuesday then. Not sure if that means we'll get track updated sooner or not, guess I'll just have to wait

Track doesn’t update early for IAL applicants. It stays locked and your universities are covered by strict embargo not to discuss your application until 8am on the 13
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Track doesn’t update early for IAL applicants. It stays locked and your universities are covered by strict embargo not to discuss your application until 8am on the 13

Oh alrighty, I didn't read that well. Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by PQ

really I heard that people can see whether they got accepted before getting their grades
Original post by anon12344321
really I heard that people can see whether they got accepted before getting their grades

Yes, but that will be from 0800 on the 13th, when the embargo is lifted. In previous years, the embargo ended at 6am (so those universities which contacted students e.g. at midnight were still breaking it); Track updating at, say, 07.30 was still earlier than people were likely to be collecting their results from school.

Quick Reply

Latest