The Student Room Group

A level textiles

hi, I'm going into year 11 and I would like to do textiles for A Level, however I'm not sure what other a levels would go well with it does anyone have any ideas? thank you :smile:
Original post by livstaplesx
hi, I'm going into year 11 and I would like to do textiles for A Level, however I'm not sure what other a levels would go well with it does anyone have any ideas? thank you :smile:

Hey,

Have you considered what you might like to do in textiles in the future? If your interested in fashion and would potentially like to start your own/ go into a fashion business then A levels like Media Studies or Business could be of interest to you!
Media and Cultural Studies could also support an interest in fashion as you're likely to cover whats in trend and popular in the media today. It's also a good starting point for studying Marketing if you were interested in Fashion Marketing.
I don't think a lot of places still offer Photography A level, but if they do, that could also be very useful when taking photos of your textile products or for fashion photo shoots.

But really, choosing subjects you enjoy and will be enthusiastic to work for is the most important thing!

I hope this helped :smile:

- Izzy, BSc Marketing Management 1st year student at Lancaster University
Reply 2
ahh ok thank you so much :smile:, at my school they don't offer many options and around where I am it's the only place that does a level textiles, I definetly want to do business as I do it for GCSE and I really enjoy it, and I was thinking maybe either History or English Lit/Lang but I can't really decide between the two :smile:
Original post by livstaplesx
ahh ok thank you so much :smile:, at my school they don't offer many options and around where I am it's the only place that does a level textiles, I definetly want to do business as I do it for GCSE and I really enjoy it, and I was thinking maybe either History or English Lit/Lang but I can't really decide between the two :smile:

No problem :smile:

I'm sure all those other options would also work well with business, whether it's learning how things have come about in the past or improving your writing/ language skills (good for marketing!). I notice they're all a good balance of work load too, textiles more practical, business more theoretical and both history and english are essay based 👍
Maybe the next thing to help you choose between history and english would be to compare your previous grades?

I hope you find the right choice for you! - Izzy, BSc Marketing Management 1st year student at Lancaster University

Quick Reply

Latest