The Student Room Group

Which University to choose

Dear all,

I would like to get your advice on which course to choose. Due to time constraints I can't go for a masters degree (I already hold one in Computing but need a qualification related to my work). These three courses are from different Universities. I work for an International NGO so I do not know which one I would have better career perspectives. Moreover, are prosgraduate certificates worth it?

Postgraduate certificate in Global Development Challenges (University of Edinburgh)

Postgraduate Diploma in conflict, security and International Development (University of Leicester)

Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Development (university of Sussex).

Thank you

Maria
Sussex is number one or development studies world wide. Still, I heard many bad reviews from Sussex( strikes, low student satisfaction..)

It would be better if you attend their online open days and maybe do visit the universities, too.
Thank you for your reply. Do you think that a postgraduate certificate is worth it?
Original post by Maria Soledad
Thank you for your reply. Do you think that a postgraduate certificate is worth it?

tbh, I really don't really know. I never have been in Sussex . You better ask current students or post graduates :smile:
Original post by Maria Soledad
Dear all,

I would like to get your advice on which course to choose. Due to time constraints I can't go for a masters degree (I already hold one in Computing but need a qualification related to my work). These three courses are from different Universities. I work for an International NGO so I do not know which one I would have better career perspectives. Moreover, are prosgraduate certificates worth it?

Postgraduate certificate in Global Development Challenges (University of Edinburgh)

Postgraduate Diploma in conflict, security and International Development (University of Leicester)

Postgraduate Certificate in Sustainable Development (university of Sussex).

Thank you

Maria

Hi!
I am currently about to go into my third year at Sussex and as one of the previous comments says, Sussex does have one of the best Development Studies departments. Whilst my degree is not in this department, (I study Politics), I have friends who do study Development studies and thoroughly enjoy it and find it very interesting.
In regards to if doing a Postgraduation is worth it, it depends on what your priorities are. Do you think this will help you get into an area of work you are really interested in/ are you generally interested in Sustainable Development? In this case, it may be worth it. However, it is understand that in relation to time and money, this is a harder decision to make. Overall, make a decision that you feel is best for you!

Meena - 3rd Year Politics Undergrad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending