The Student Room Group

low predicted grades

I'm applying for top unis for medicine and got a C in a core subject (otherwise all As) do you think I can appeal and change it to A....? (cause I know theres a lot of people who change from B to A, but C?) I personally think that C is too low and there's no way that I could have gotten a C. Are there any unis that even accept a C grade for meds
Original post by whitespider
I'm applying for top unis for medicine and got a C in a core subject (otherwise all As) do you think I can appeal and change it to A....? (cause I know theres a lot of people who change from B to A, but C?) I personally think that C is too low and there's no way that I could have gotten a C. Are there any unis that even accept a C grade for meds

Hi, are you currently in Y12 or 13? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by laurawatt
Hi, are you currently in Y12 or 13? :smile:

y 12

Is your sixth form not doing a mock in September? If not, then I'd say yes appeal to it but it is fairly unlikely you will get an A as teachers have to be fair to all students. I think your only option is to apply anyway to medical schools and don't get too high hopes. Apply on clearing after you have improved on your real A-level results.
Reply 4
Original post by itz_.vik
Is your sixth form not doing a mock in September? If not, then I'd say yes appeal to it but it is fairly unlikely you will get an A as teachers have to be fair to all students. I think your only option is to apply anyway to medical schools and don't get too high hopes. Apply on clearing after you have improved on your real A-level results.

Hmm I think we might actually do a mock, then if I get high scores, do you think I still stand a chance?
Hmm I think we might actually do a mock, then if I get high scores, do you think I still stand a chance?

If you prove that you are capable of getting a B (or an A) on your mock then you have pretty good grounds to ask for your predicted grade to be increased :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending