The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Failed Resit in Second Year? De Montfort University

I'm currently studying Business Information Systems at De Montfort University, I am worried that I may have failed my IT service management module, or that the marks may sit in the 30% area. The resit submission was my first submission at all for this 100% coursework module, because at the original assignment due date I was suffering from high anxiety which has peaked and lasted a long while throughout this Covid-19 pandemic. It has started to get better since I've returned home from university. I've explained this to my module leader for reasons on the late submission. My first year I was able to progress with one math module in the 30% area using credits. I'm not sure how many credits I have left but in the worst case scenario, would I fail the entire year if I happen not to pass this module, despite passing all my others?
hi there, we would encourage you to contact you faculty to discuss the situation and your options. Your faculty details are:
FACULTY Marketing SAC Placements Opening Hours Location
ADH [email protected] 7394 3801 "Monday to Thursday, 9am-4.30pm
Friday, 9am-4pm" Arts Tower entrance/reception, Vijay Patel Building
or Main entrance, Clephan Building
BAL [email protected] 7243 8210 "During term: 8.50am-4.45pm
During vacation: 9am-4.45pm" Hugh Aston Building, through the café.

HLS [email protected] 7749 7716 Monday to Friday: 9am-4:30pm 0.4a, Gateway House

CEM [email protected] 8499 8345 "Monday to Thursday, 8.30am-4.30pm
Friday, 8.30am–4pm" Lower ground floor, Edith Murphy House

Graduate School Office [email protected] Monday to Friday, 9.30am-4.30pm 1.06, John Whitehead Building
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by vjthorpe
I'm currently studying Business Information Systems at De Montfort University, I am worried that I may have failed my IT service management module, or that the marks may sit in the 30% area. The resit submission was my first submission at all for this 100% coursework module, because at the original assignment due date I was suffering from high anxiety which has peaked and lasted a long while throughout this Covid-19 pandemic. It has started to get better since I've returned home from university. I've explained this to my module leader for reasons on the late submission. My first year I was able to progress with one math module in the 30% area using credits. I'm not sure how many credits I have left but in the worst case scenario, would I fail the entire year if I happen not to pass this module, despite passing all my others?

From experience, if it is 30% score only in one to two modules they let you pass, as long as your course is not accredited and the module is not a must pass module, you get compensated credits usually. The best person to usually answer this is your course administrator, however in my experience they will never give a clear answer as ultimately you have to wait for your final results and they can never say official whether you will pass or not. I found out this year in a similar situation, they took a failed module I did last year (below 30%) added that to the one I did above 30% this year then averaged the two marks making the mark lower, I had no idea they were going to do that, so if you do end up resitting make sure you are clear how the regrading will work, luckily I still passed but it was a very thin line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending