The Student Room Group

Brexit voters rock up at Dover

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Underscore__
It does remain to be seen, it’s far too early to judge as we’re not even out of the transition period yet. The idea of judging a constitutional change before it’s even been fully implemented is incredibly shortsighted.

********. You’re ignoring the facts. It’s cost a fortune. It’s going to cost even more and there is absolutely not one tangible benefit, not one. Absolutely deluded if you think it ‘remains to be seen.’
Original post by imlikeahermit
********. You’re ignoring the facts. It’s cost a fortune. It’s going to cost even more and there is absolutely not one tangible benefit, not one. Absolutely deluded if you think it ‘remains to be seen.’

As I said, we’re not even out of the transition phase, do we have to be walking down streets paved with gold already for you to consider it a success?
As I said, we’re not even out of the transition phase, do we have to be walking down streets paved with gold already for you to consider it a success?

Again, there is no tangible benefit. Not one. There will be no 'success.' Only poverty and misery, while Brexiteers start to blame everyone but themselves for what has happened.

All of the below lied, or we're either so stupid that they actually believed what they were saying. The damage they have done to this country is absolutely reprehensible.

Again, there is no tangible benefit. Not one. There will be no 'success.' Only poverty and misery, while Brexiteers start to blame everyone but themselves for what has happened.

All of the below lied, or we're either so stupid that they actually believed what they were saying. The damage they have done to this country is absolutely reprehensible.

Repeating yourself over and over again while ignoring my point doesn’t make you more correct. I’ve already said, twice now, that it’s too early to judge, meaning any benefit won’t have occurred yet. Repeatedly saying “there hasn’t been any tangible benefit” does defeat that point.

Even if we suppose they were all being intentionally dishonest for whatever reason, how do you suppose that those quotes show they’ve done any damage?
Repeating yourself over and over again while ignoring my point doesn’t make you more correct. I’ve already said, twice now, that it’s too early to judge, meaning any benefit won’t have occurred yet. Repeatedly saying “there hasn’t been any tangible benefit” does defeat that point.

Even if we suppose they were all being intentionally dishonest for whatever reason, how do you suppose that those quotes show they’ve done any damage?

Except quite simply your point isn’t correct. It doesn’t ‘remain to be seen.’ It’s done. We’re economically ****ed, and the laughing stock of the EU.
Except quite simply your point isn’t correct. It doesn’t ‘remain to be seen.’ It’s done. We’re economically ****ed, and the laughing stock of the EU.

😂 okay then
I wouldn’t disagree but that’s not the point. In calling them Brexit voters rather than anti-immigration protestors it’s an attempt to demonise all Brexit voters (something the OP admitted to doing)

Do you feel sympathy for the refugees?
Original post by Gundabad(good)
Do you feel sympathy for the refugees?

I feel sympathy for refugees but I wouldn’t really classify people coming to the UK as refugees. I’m not really sure what relevance that has anyway?
(edited 3 years ago)
😂 okay then

Glad you find it funny.
I feel sympathy for refugees but I wouldn’t really classify people coming to the UK as refugees. I’m not really sure what relevance that has anyway?

Do you accept the fact that some people who enter the UK are refugees?
Glad you find it funny.

If by ‘it’ you mean your attitude then yes I do
Do you accept the fact that some people who enter the UK are refugees?

You didn’t answer when I asked what the relevance of this question is
You didn’t answer when I asked what the relevance of this question is

I just wanted to know what you think of refugees coming to the UK?
If by ‘it’ you mean your attitude then yes I do

Your laissez-faire attitude is funny. It is not at all to early to judge, the statistics are there for all to see, leaked government reports all over the place. You want to choose to ignore that, that’s fine. Just makes you look stupid though.
Your laissez-faire attitude is funny. It is not at all to early to judge, the statistics are there for all to see, leaked government reports all over the place. You want to choose to ignore that, that’s fine. Just makes you look stupid though.

There’s a difference between a laissez-faire attitude and saying it’s too early to judge a major constitutional change before it’s been fully completed.
I just wanted to know what you think of refugees coming to the UK?

I would have no problem with refugees coming to the UK but I don’t believe there are refugees coming to the UK. Once you migrate through a place of safety you cease to be a refugee
I would have no problem with refugees coming to the UK but I don’t believe there are refugees coming to the UK. Once you migrate through a place of safety you cease to be a refugee

That is legally untrue in the UK. A British judge in the late 1990s ruled that all refugees that choose to go to another place of safety are still classed as refugees. As our laws are based on Common Law, the ruling is legally binding in the UK.
There’s a difference between a laissez-faire attitude and saying it’s too early to judge a major constitutional change before it’s been fully completed.

But all of the evidence out there suggests that this is absolutely disastrous for the UK, especially a no deal scenario. Are you being dense on purpose?
That is legally untrue in the UK. A British judge in the late 1990s ruled that all refugees that choose to go to another place of safety are still classed as refugees. As our laws are based on Common Law, the ruling is legally binding in the UK.

I thought the question was on my opinion of who should be classified as a refugee rather than what the law says.
But all of the evidence out there suggests that this is absolutely disastrous for the UK, especially a no deal scenario. Are you being dense on purpose?

So first you make generalisations about over 17 million people and now you say “all of the evidence” yet expect to be taken seriously?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending