The Student Room Group

Brexit voters rock up at Dover

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Underscore__
So first you make generalisations about over 17 million people and now you say “all of the evidence” yet expect to be taken seriously?

That answers that. Deliberately being dense.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Honestly, I couldn’t give a ****. The issue at hand here is that a bunch of right wing thugs descended on Dover to achieve the square root of nothing, apart from attacking police, which is just the norm now.

But aren't you right wing yourself? You hate the left don't you?
That answers that. Deliberately being dense.

Interesting approaches to debate:

- “Do you agree with my argument that I have offered no evidence for or are you deliberately being dense?”
- “All of the evidence, so much that I haven’t provided any”
Original post by The RAR
But aren't you right wing yourself? You hate the left don't you?

I’m mostly right, but some of my beliefs are well and truly middle of the road. What I am aware of is that the radical right is a lot more dangerous than the radical left.
Interesting approaches to debate:

- “Do you agree with my argument that I have offered no evidence for or are you deliberately being dense?”
- “All of the evidence, so much that I haven’t provided any”

You must have been living in a cave if you haven’t read anything about the downsides of Brexit. There’s so much out there, why on earth should I waste my time posting it here to pacify someone who clearly couldn’t care either way?
You must have been living in a cave if you haven’t read anything about the downsides of Brexit. There’s so much out there, why on earth should I waste my time posting it here to pacify someone who clearly couldn’t care either way?

When did I say I didn’t read anything about the downsides? When did I say I don’t care either way? You make a lot of assumptions without any real basis.

Most of these negatives are still predictions at this point because, as I’ve said numerous times, we’re still transitioning and it’s too early to make concrete judgements.
Immigration for the most part is good. They contribute more than they cost.

Not getting into specifics about EU vs non EU immigration contributions. There is more to the equation than simply economic.
When did I say I didn’t read anything about the downsides? When did I say I don’t care either way? You make a lot of assumptions without any real basis.

Most of these negatives are still predictions at this point because, as I’ve said numerous times, we’re still transitioning and it’s too early to make concrete judgements.

Your wrong. Simple as that. We know that Brexit will negatively affect the economy and that was before Covid. The depth as to which it will affect the economy is unknown however we know it will be negative. It does not ‘remain to be seen.’

Just like Boris throwing a tantrum and threatening the EU is negative. Are you saying that forcing 40% tariffs on British Beef is good for exports? That’s one small example of this monumental **** up.
Your wrong. Simple as that. We know that Brexit will negatively affect the economy and that was before Covid. The depth as to which it will affect the economy is unknown however we know it will be negative. It does not ‘remain to be seen.’

Just like Boris throwing a tantrum and threatening the EU is negative. Are you saying that forcing 40% tariffs on British Beef is good for exports? That’s one small example of this monumental **** up.

“You’re wrong. Simple as that” - great rebuttal.

Who says there’s going to be a 40% tariff on beef?
“You’re wrong. Simple as that” - great rebuttal.

Who says there’s going to be a 40% tariff on beef?

It would be the standard EU tariff placed on our products upon a no deal brexit. Are you just completely immune to any of the economic losses of this? :rolleyes:
It would be the standard EU tariff placed on our products upon a no deal brexit. Are you just completely immune to any of the economic losses of this? :rolleyes:

“It WOULD be...upon a no deal Brexit” almost sounds like we should wait and see what happens and if we get any kind of trade deal with the EU.
“It WOULD be...upon a no deal Brexit” almost sounds like we should wait and see what happens and if we get any kind of trade deal with the EU.

A no deal brexit which big boris is ready to pull the trigger on, while at the same time being perfectly happy to rip up the good Friday agreement which is an international peace treaty. Your naivety knows no bounds.

Just a reminder...

He’s condemned himself.
A combined IQ of about 20 between the lot of them
A no deal brexit which big boris is ready to pull the trigger on, while at the same time being perfectly happy to rip up the good Friday agreement which is an international peace treaty. Your naivety knows no bounds.

Just a reminder...

He’s condemned himself.

But just to clarify we could still get a deal?
But just to clarify we could still get a deal?

Yes, but there is no deal that is better than remaining as a member state of the EU. That is impossible. We will be worse off, deal signed or not.
Yes, but there is no deal that is better than remaining as a member state of the EU. That is impossible. We will be worse off, deal signed or not.

Well we’ve come all the way down from “economic euthanasia” to “worse off”, what an amazing journey.

What are you basing your opinion (that you state as fact) that it is impossible for us to get a better deal on?
Well we’ve come all the way down from “economic euthanasia” to “worse off”, what an amazing journey.

What are you basing your opinion (that you state as fact) that it is impossible for us to get a better deal on?

We haven’t come a long way. It’s still economic euthanasia. The working classes voted for themselves to become poorer.

It is impossible for us to get a better deal than we currently have. There is no deal that the EU would ever allow which would give us better terms than remaining in the EU.
We haven’t come a long way. It’s still economic euthanasia. The working classes voted for themselves to become poorer.

It is impossible for us to get a better deal than we currently have. There is no deal that the EU would ever allow which would give us better terms than remaining in the EU.

Makes sense, we can only possibly trade with the EU can’t we?
Makes sense, we can only possibly trade with the EU can’t we?

:facepalm2:
I thought the question was on my opinion of who should be classified as a refugee rather than what the law says.

"Once you migrate through a place of safety you cease to be a refugee." - Just rebuking this statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending