The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants chat thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thagirlhanna
I emailed admissions about my enquire that I've posted on here prior and they haven't gotten back to me. It's been days and I emailed twice. :sadnod:
I guess its not that big of an issue since I can survive the scholarship but it would have been nice to get it since I earned it.

if you did an AS level subject that could be the reason why
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
if you did an AS level subject that could be the reason why

nope I did A levels
but did you do all three subjects a a level
because this one guy did 2 a level and an as so he didnt get it
Has anyone got their timetable yet ?
Has anyone got their timetable yet ?

Nope, i emailed and they said by the end of the week
Have they still not sorted the timetables out?
Original post by ShutInKesty
Have they still not sorted the timetables out?

I’ve only gotten a timetable for welcome come week
Same, is everyone all moved in?
I’ve only gotten a timetable for welcome come week

Did you just get told the day you were supposed to come in or is there more?
Reply 309
Is anyone else starting computer science this month? I still haven't been told what group I am in for the induction day and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything. I've tried emailing CS queries but no reply yet
I only got told the day I’ll have to come in, and which days will be online for welcome week
Original post by JF1345
Is anyone else starting computer science this month? I still haven't been told what group I am in for the induction day and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard anything. I've tried emailing CS queries but no reply yet

Hi! Me too! I got a notice from my personal email telling me that I'll be in on the 15th. You might want to check that! It was titled 'BCU Welcome Information'
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 312
Hi! Me too! I got a notice from my personal email telling me that I'll be in on the 15th. You might want to check that! It was titled 'BCU Welcome Information'

I also have that email, but if you look at Computing induction 2020 page and go to the computer science tab there are 8 different groups scheduled for 2 different times in different rooms. The page said we should've been told our groups by the 10th and I still haven't heard anything so it's starting to stress me out a bit now since the day is coming closer and closer

It's good to find someone else on the same course as me, so nice to meet you :smile:
Original post by JF1345
I also have that email, but if you look at Computing induction 2020 page and go to the computer science tab there are 8 different groups scheduled for 2 different times in different rooms. The page said we should've been told our groups by the 10th and I still haven't heard anything so it's starting to stress me out a bit now since the day is coming closer and closer

It's good to find someone else on the same course as me, so nice to meet you :smile:

Aaa you're right D: Hopefully we have someone to tell us there on the day if they don't have everything sorted out by tomorrow.

Nice to meet you too! It was so hard to find others here!
Reply 314
Aaa you're right D: Hopefully we have someone to tell us there on the day if they don't have everything sorted out by tomorrow.

Nice to meet you too! It was so hard to find others here!

I've been added to a microsoft teams group through my student email with a bunch of other classmates and students, maybe you have been too?
I have also been told I'm in group D in my personal email so you should check that to find out your time! Happy to have everything finally sorted out :smile:
Original post by JF1345
I've been added to a microsoft teams group through my student email with a bunch of other classmates and students, maybe you have been too?
I have also been told I'm in group D in my personal email so you should check that to find out your time! Happy to have everything finally sorted out :smile:

Yep! I just got in, I'm glad I can finally stop worrying about it!

Awh, that's a shame! I'm in F! Hopefully I'll still see you around though! : D
Does anyone have their timetable for cyber security the course starts tomorrow and the uni haven't said anything
Any one for MSC Supply chain Mgt ? International students ? How much does it costs for 23 months course with Placement options ?
Heyyy anyone who will be a first year on city south campus in September what have u decided to do about accomodation like have u chosen to go for city centre campus accoms like staniforth etc or have u chosen accoms that are closer to city south campus?
You can ask me anything about this place. Please avoid BCU, the place is disgusting. Check on glassdoor the negative reviews. The positive reviews on there look fake too and it appears they are adding them to cover up the negative ones. Do not be mislead by their marketing, it is not all garden and roses. I am currently writing up a negative review about my time there but need to add more details to it as it is just a bit short but will be adding a thread on here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending