The Student Room Group

Apple event September 15th 2020

Just me who is psyched for the 15th? I'm a massive fan girl with not enough money to buy anything :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I'm more interested than the last few years, mainly in the hopes that we get a look at the ARM based Mac lines. iPads will be iPads, hopefully they'll do something interesting with the iPhones beyond what we've seen in the leaks.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Just me who is psyched for the 15th? I'm a massive fan girl with not enough money to buy anything :biggrin:

I may be a sheep 🐑 but psyched for the event!
I'm also interested to see what ARM based Apple is going to look like. Not that I'll be touching it for a good while. Will be interesting to see how (if at all) the attack surface for Apple devices changes as a result.
Apple store is down, new products incoming. By my recollection this is quite a bit earlier than it normally goes down ahead of an event, which could point to a larger update. Fingers crossed for shiny new stuff across a lot of categories.
You young'uns can't keep up with the old timers :ahee:
Seems like no ARM Macs until November? I'm not actually following the live coverage though
"Apple Watches have always needed an iPhone to set up, that's why we're introducing...."

Holy **** we're finally getting Android support for Apple Watch.

"...family setup"

Dammit.
(edited 3 years ago)
Cheers, that's much appreciated. I just came from the rumour mill (and the intro) saying this would be about iPad and Apple Watch, so assumed nothing ARM related would be announced.
I mean I absolutely wouldn't expect it any time soon, Apple Watch exclusivity will remain a major draw of iOS for as long as the Android market remains garbage. I'd wager they think it's more profitable to draw Android users over to iOS than it would be to start selling Watches to Android users.

Still, that pause got me.
Where can i find the live stream for the new apple releases? Also anyone know what their new releases are?
Original post by 𝔸𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟 𝔸𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕒
Where can i find the live stream for the new apple releases? Also anyone know what their new releases are?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13xnFp_LJs&ab_channel=Apple

The website won't update until the end of the event.

The new releases are the Series 6, the new main model with new specs and sensors, and a cheaper SE model. The Series 3 will stick around as the cheapest model.
(edited 3 years ago)
thank u both of u for telling me hehe.
I feel like an ipad may be released - im thinking an ipad air 4 or something.
Wow, side mounted fingerprint sensors. Fingers crossed that means it can come back to iPhones.
Applemas

Nice mono-loop bands for Apple Watch
Nice bundle of family services, $29/month for 2TB cloud storage, does that mean £29?

iOS14/iPadOS14 on the iPad 8th generation, good edu price but how much storage?, [needs 64GB]

new iPad Air has nice full lamination screen, Touch ID on PWR button, [cases need careful design]
CPU/GPU A14 bionic 5nm “atomic” transistors, 11.8 billion of them, hexa-core CPU - usual dual high performance & quad efficient cores. Lots of FLOPS!
Same, although if they do carry it over we'd be getting surprisingly close to a point that I could probably genuinely consider one.

iPads look good, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "one more thing" now.
I’m looking forward to iPadOS14 tomorrow on my “ancient” iPadAir2, still supported. That new OS is very privacy friendly, but looks quite weird.
Disappointing, but still a decent event. Looking forward to trying iOS 14 on the siblings' iPhones tomorrow. That iPad Air looks great.
Quite a disappointing event

Me expecting actual innovation lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending