The Student Room Group

UC

Hey:smile:,

What does it mean to be a "housing benefit tenant" ? Say if someone is on UC, then does that mean they're on housing benefit/a housing benefit tenant ? :confused: Thnx
When you live in a rented property and get the UC to help pay for rent.
Yes for rented property, but what if say it's still the person (himself) as the one paying rent ? They get around £500-550/month from UC.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous370
Yes for rented property, but what if say it's still the person (himself) as the one paying rent ? They get around £500-550/month from UC.

Yes the benefit is generally given to the tenant who then pays the landlord/agency
Thought so, I see, so then would they be known as a "housing benefit tenant" ? I believe so.
Also, if so, then would the agency find out (I guess from UC) ? Like would UC tell them "hey, this guy is claiming benefits" ? :colondollar::frown: If so, then can it be said their position in the room is insecure ? :frown:
Thnx :smile:
Thought so, I see, so then would they be known as a "housing benefit tenant" ? I believe so.
Also, if so, then would the agency find out (I guess from UC) ? Like would UC tell them "hey, this guy is claiming benefits" ? :colondollar::frown: If so, then can it be said their position in the room is insecure ? :frown:
Thnx :smile:

Once you've applied, you let the agency know that you've applied just to stay on good terms with them.
The agency will be contacted for proof afaik

Apply after you've moved in ofc
too late now, but so far it seems smooth how things are going, I guess as agency appreciates current circumstances/situation etc.
:colondollar::frown: well, I remember having to send to UC my rent contract as part of the application...

I moved in here like over a year ago (and looking to stay too), just my concern was really if the agency would get informed somehow that I'm on UC and any risk essentially to my stay here. I've been paying up fairly and on time to date, and clean/no problem here too...
too late now, but so far it seems smooth how things are going, I guess as agency appreciates current circumstances/situation etc.
:colondollar::frown: well, I remember having to send to UC my rent contract as part of the application...

I moved in here like over a year ago (and looking to stay too), just my concern was really if the agency would get informed somehow that I'm on UC and any risk essentially to my stay here. I've been paying up fairly and on time to date, and clean/no problem here too...

If they get their money on time, they don't really care tbh if you are on benefits or not.
:smile:Oh really ? Wow, that works out nice for me. Thanks :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending