The Student Room Group

Job/volunteering opportunities

Because of the recent pandemic- I didn't get to complete my work experience and as a result I have no experience when going into uni applications. Where is a valuable place to start working/volunteering that is rewarding?
Do you need any specific experience for your uni course? Also whereabouts are you based?
Reply 2
Original post by loginrunner
Do you need any specific experience for your uni course? Also whereabouts are you based?

I am based in Barnet (North London) and I don't really mind what roles I take on, but eventually I would love to volunteer in a caring role as I would I am looking to go into medicine :smile:.
Original post by ritzbisc
I am based in Barnet (North London) and I don't really mind what roles I take on, but eventually I would love to volunteer in a caring role as I would I am looking to go into medicine :smile:.

A couple days ago I started volunteering with the JourneyMakers scheme, basically reassuring people about travelling when they're anxious about the pandemic and handing out face masks. I think there are some stations in london participating so you could have a google if you're interested😊
Reply 4
Original post by loginrunner
A couple days ago I started volunteering with the JourneyMakers scheme, basically reassuring people about travelling when they're anxious about the pandemic and handing out face masks. I think there are some stations in london participating so you could have a google if you're interested😊

! This sounds like an amazing scheme ,Thank you so much!
Because of the recent pandemic- I didn't get to complete my work experience and as a result I have no experience when going into uni applications. Where is a valuable place to start working/volunteering that is rewarding?

The AgeUK Advice Line might be something you like :smile:

When the shops reopen you could try charity shops.
Reply 7
You can also try learning new skills, there are loads of youtube videos on a range of topics. Coding and excel skills are quite popular

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending