The Student Room Group

How do I resign from my volunteering?

i need to start focusing on a levels and i want to do this by leaving my volunteering position but i dont know how to do this
Original post by bluegray
i need to start focusing on a levels and i want to do this by leaving my volunteering position but i dont know how to do this

Where are you volunteering? If it's a small charity or something, then you just need to let the most senior person you interact with know that you need to leave to focus on your A levels. If it's a large organisation, there might be a more formal process - but you should probably still start by just telling the most senior person you interact with, and asking then if there's anything more formal you need to do.

Let the manager/supervisor know that you will be leaving soon. Let them know in advance when you will be leaving, and when your last day will be. Preferably also do it in writing as well. Thank them for the opportunity to volunteer there.

Hi there! :hello: It's great to hear that you have been volunteering whilst working towards your A-levels, but with assignments and exams coming up, it is important to prioritise these. I think that the organisation you are volunteering for will be aware that you are a student who has upcoming A-level exams, and hence they won't be 'shocked' by your need to prioritise these. I would recommend speaking with the person who hired you as a volunteer and explaining that you need to prioritise your A-levels, but that you are immensely grateful for the opportunity that they provided you with. It is essential to leave things on a good note with the employer as you may need them to serve as one of your references for future jobs.

Best of luck with your A-levels!

Lauren
WrexhamUniReps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending