The Student Room Group

KPMG 2021 Graduate Programme

Just thought i'd start a thread for KPMG's 2021 grads as I have seen few on here, has anyone got through to an assessment centre yet? Has anyone completed KPMG's delivering outcomes assessment and heard back yet? I completed mine on 21st September and still haven't received an outcome even though they said it would be around 5 workings days. (Audit-Empowered London btw)
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I completed mine on the 24th for an intensive audit role in Manchester. A couple days earlier I emailed them that it's been more than 5 working days and I'm still waiting for an outcome and the very next day I received an email saying that I have "successfully completed" the Delivering Outcome assessment and that my application is on hold pending an invitation to the virtual launch pad. My application portal still says that they're reviewing my application, but if the recruitment officer who responded me is right then they're just waiting for an assessment centre date or something before they get back to the candidates.

I'd advice you to email them too (don't forget to include your candidate ID) or perhaps even ring them and see what they say about your application.
Reply 2
Hi,

I'm also applying to Audit Empowered grad programme. I've completed the first online assessment a few days ago and received this email

"Thank you for completing your Transforming Small Businesses online assessment and your application.

We’re pleased to let you know that you’ve successfully completed this step of the process.

As we recruit on a rolling basis and due to a particularly high volume of applications received, we wanted to let you know that there are a number of candidates currently ahead of you in the process. Rest assured we are progressing applications as swiftly as we can and we will be in touch when we hope to be able to progress you to the next stage of the process our Delivering Outcomes online assessment as soon as possible.

Thank you for your interest in working for KPMG and the time and effort you have invested in your application so far.

We will contact you as soon as we can advise you further."

So I'll be just waiting around until I'm able to do the 'Delivering Outcomes' ...
Reply 3
Original post by ehab2014
Hi,

I completed mine on the 24th for an intensive audit role in Manchester. A couple days earlier I emailed them that it's been more than 5 working days and I'm still waiting for an outcome and the very next day I received an email saying that I have "successfully completed" the Delivering Outcome assessment and that my application is on hold pending an invitation to the virtual launch pad. My application portal still says that they're reviewing my application, but if the recruitment officer who responded me is right then they're just waiting for an assessment centre date or something before they get back to the candidates.

I'd advice you to email them too (don't forget to include your candidate ID) or perhaps even ring them and see what they say about your application.

Ah I see, so you've not been told to do the 'critical thinker' assessment? I thought that was the next stage in the assessment process before the Virtual Launch Pad.
Original post by user606160
Ah I see, so you've not been told to do the 'critical thinker' assessment? I thought that was the next stage in the assessment process before the Virtual Launch Pad.

Yeah, I am confused about that too but according to KPMG career website, Critical Thinking stage is just to "re-test" candidates online to ensure they did the previous stages by themselves but now that the launch pad is virtual, maybe they're just going to integrate critical thinking (i.e. verification) stage into the assessment centre like most other companies.
Reply 5
Original post by ehab2014
Yeah, I am confused about that too but according to KPMG career website, Critical Thinking stage is just to "re-test" candidates online to ensure they did the previous stages by themselves but now that the launch pad is virtual, maybe they're just going to integrate critical thinking (i.e. verification) stage into the assessment centre like most other companies.

Yeah in fairness that would make sense, there doesn't seem to be a critical need to keep them separate unless they want another opportunity to screen and whittle down the application pool further. Did recruitment mention how long it might be before you receive an invitation to one of the virtual launch pads?
Original post by Naima95
Hi,

I'm also applying to Audit Empowered grad programme. I've completed the first online assessment a few days ago and received this email

"Thank you for completing your Transforming Small Businesses online assessment and your application.

We’re pleased to let you know that you’ve successfully completed this step of the process.

As we recruit on a rolling basis and due to a particularly high volume of applications received, we wanted to let you know that there are a number of candidates currently ahead of you in the process. Rest assured we are progressing applications as swiftly as we can and we will be in touch when we hope to be able to progress you to the next stage of the process our Delivering Outcomes online assessment as soon as possible.

Thank you for your interest in working for KPMG and the time and effort you have invested in your application so far.

We will contact you as soon as we can advise you further."

So I'll be just waiting around until I'm able to do the 'Delivering Outcomes' ...

Hi I have just finished the transforming small business tests for audit empowered and still wait for the result. I’m wondering if you’ve
applied to the London area as well. And it’s so strange that they’ve already put people on hold considering they’ve just open their application three weeks ago. I was put on hold last year after this stage until the end as I submitted the application too late (the end of feb). I hope the same thing is not going to happen again.
Reply 7
Original post by Xinyi5555
Hi I have just finished the transforming small business tests for audit empowered and still wait for the result. I’m wondering if you’ve
applied to the London area as well. And it’s so strange that they’ve already put people on hold considering they’ve just open their application three weeks ago. I was put on hold last year after this stage until the end as I submitted the application too late (the end of feb). I hope the same thing is not going to happen again.

Hey there,

Yes I've applied to the London one as well. Yes it's really strange especially because it's so early on. I think perhaps there is a shortage of roles this year due to COVID. Even when I was applying for a role in EY their September programme for Financial Advisory closed even though it was up for only a few weeks :/

I really hope that isn't the case :frown: and we're able to move on swiftly
Reply 8
Original post by Naima95
Hey there,

Yes I've applied to the London one as well. Yes it's really strange especially because it's so early on. I think perhaps there is a shortage of roles this year due to COVID. Even when I was applying for a role in EY their September programme for Financial Advisory closed even though it was up for only a few weeks :/

I really hope that isn't the case :frown: and we're able to move on swiftly

This happened to me too and I had an invitation to Delivering Outcomes a week later. I think they just don't want too many video interviews to go through at once.
Original post by jm4761
This happened to me too and I had an invitation to Delivering Outcomes a week later. I think they just don't want too many video interviews to go through at once.

Thank you. That gives me a bit hope.
How long does it usually take to find out if you passed the Transforming Small Businesses test? I thought it would be pretty instant either way.
Reply 11
Original post by Robbie1223
How long does it usually take to find out if you passed the Transforming Small Businesses test? I thought it would be pretty instant either way.

I think when you complete it, your application gets manually reviewed as a whole. I'm sure the assessment spits out a score for the recruitment team, but it's considered along with grades etc.
Has everyone else been put on hold for the Critical Thinker stage?
Original post by chemystry

Have you been told you have passed the Job Sim?
Original post by kelchi987
Have you been told you have passed the Job Sim?

Yeah I completed it Sunday and heard back yesterday
Oh that is brilliant, for what scheme and location?

Yeah I completed it Sunday and heard back yesterday
Reply 16

I have. I'm curious what the critical thinking stage entails.
Reply 17
Original post by hhsl
I have. I'm curious what the critical thinking stage entails.

Same, I received the email on Wednesday. I imagine they are holding everyone after the delivering outcomes assessment to make sure they're not just putting early applicants through to the assessment centres. Whilst Big4 firms recruit on a rolling basis which caters to first come first served, the added competitiveness due to COVID-19 has probably meant they want to assess the standard across a larger pool of applicants in the Critical Thinker assessment rather than across only the 'early applicants', which is why I think no ones completed it yet. Those are my thoughts anyways!
Reply 18
Got a critical thinker next week.

Anyone else?
Reply 19
Original post by Lan1997
Got a critical thinker next week.

Anyone else?

So it's not something you can do at your own convenience as soon as you receive the email like the two previous stages? If you don't mind me asking, what date did you receive the email from KPMG telling you that you had been successful at the delivering outcomes stage and that your application would be on hold until they email again regarding next steps? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending