The Student Room Group

Natwest 2021 video interview

Scroll to see replies

So anyone heard back for Markets? I finished mine on the 8th. Silence since.
Original post by richtee12
So anyone heard back for Markets? I finished mine on the 8th. Silence since.

Completed mine on the 24th of September for Markets. I have yet to hear anything.
Original post by Glossed101
Completed mine on the 24th of September for Markets. I have yet to hear anything.

That makes me feel a bit better not going to lie. But I genuinely hope we hear back soon
Hey everyone! I received an email today that I was shortlisted for AC, but due to limited spots available it's not guaranteed I will actually be invited to one. I applied for graduate scheme software engineering. Anyone else applied for a tech role? Fingers crossed for all of us!
Original post by ClaudF
Hey everyone! I received an email today that I was shortlisted for AC, but due to limited spots available it's not guaranteed I will actually be invited to one. I applied for graduate scheme software engineering. Anyone else applied for a tech role? Fingers crossed for all of us!

Hi! Can you share how long it took to hear back after the video interview?
Of course! I did the video interview on September 23rd and received the email today :smile: I found it so weird that they told me I passed to the next stage but they might not call me for the assessment day. I think I’ll prepare for it just in case and see what happens
Original post by ClaudF
Of course! I did the video interview on September 23rd and received the email today :smile: I found it so weird that they told me I passed to the next stage but they might not call me for the assessment day. I think I’ll prepare for it just in case and see what happens

Thanks for sharing! Congrats for passing the interview, and I wish you all the best with the rest of your application!! :smile:
Original post by jdona
pls what questions did they ask, you can inbox me xx

Genuinely sick of cheaters like you begging for questions in the banking threads. If you can't get through on your own merits you don't deserve to get through. Just wish TSR mods would do more to crack down on this. It is not remotely acceptable to offer interview trades or ask for questions.
Has anyone heard back for the Structured Finance Grad Programme? Did my VI on the 28th of Sept and I haven't heard back...
Original post by ClaudF

That's pretty standard. Contrary to popular belief, successfully meeting the requirements for an AC is no guarantee of getting one due to limited slots. In some years the majority of people will not get invited to an AC that passes a VI, the next everyone might, just depends on how many applicants, how many are successful at each stage.
Original post by ClaudF

Massive congratulations!
Reply 71
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Genuinely sick of cheaters like you begging for questions in the banking threads. If you can't get through on your own merits you don't deserve to get through. Just wish TSR mods would do more to crack down on this. It is not remotely acceptable to offer interview trades or ask for questions.

Lol, as if half of interviews aren't achieved from getting a referral from inside the firm. Where do you draw the line on what's fair and unfair? Everyone needs to get their own competitive advantage. If you don't, then you're probably not going to get far.
Original post by Ye.
Lol, as if half of interviews aren't achieved from getting a referral from inside the firm. Where do you draw the line on what's fair and unfair? Everyone needs to get their own competitive advantage. If you don't, then you're probably not going to get far.

The ones that won't get far are the morons who aren't good enough to get in by themselves and so need tan advantage and need days to plan out responses to basic interview questions.
Reply 73
Original post by Ye.

Where did you hear that half of the interviews are achieved through referrals?
Original post by ClaudF

Congrats!
That's pretty standard. Contrary to popular belief, successfully meeting the requirements for an AC is no guarantee of getting one due to limited slots. In some years the majority of people will not get invited to an AC that passes a VI, the next everyone might, just depends on how many applicants, how many are successful at each stage.

You've missed their point. I've seen you across multiple threads, you should focus on keeping your condescending attitude to yourself instead. It is strange for a company to say you passed but then not invite you to the AC - they should either invite you, or say you didn't meet the cut off. It's not that difficult to understand.
Reply 75
The ones that won't get far are the morons who aren't good enough to get in by themselves and so need tan advantage and need days to plan out responses to basic interview questions.

I agree to an extent. Sometimes, it is handy to get some info on a VI process that seems unclear though. Generally, the type of questions seen are ones that are easily made up on the spot, but it's useful to know if there'll be a commercial awareness question or a complete throw-off question in general.

Frankly, we're probably looking at 1-5% (complete guess) of VI's progress to the next stage, so anything that slightly nudges you to standout from the crowd can make that difference to be in the 95th percentile.
Original post by rumpleduckskin
Congrats!

You've missed their point. I've seen you across multiple threads, you should focus on keeping your condescending attitude to yourself instead. It is strange for a company to say you passed but then not invite you to the AC - they should either invite you, or say you didn't meet the cut off. It's not that difficult to understand.

How is it condescending? I'm stating a fact, virtually all ACs are not guaranteed, you are just recommended to be invited to the next stage.
Anyone heard back for any of the schemes? Natwest Markets?
Not as of yet. Was this for Natwest Markets?
Seems to be a lot of uncertainty here, I can’t speak for Markets as I believe it all works slightly differently, at least as of last year, but for all other programs, applications are rolling, but in a sense.

You do your tests and video interview and are ranked against everyone else in terms of your results for them. AC’s are rolling throughout the year, with each AC having the (currently) highest ranked candidates, if that makes sense. Once at the AC, they can take everyone there on the day, or no one, or anywhere in the middle. If after an AC, they still have space, they take the next batch at the top of the list for another AC, repeat until full.

Hopefully that clears things up, I should say I don’t have official information to back this up, but this is the deduction made by myself and others, and the only one that makes sense with the ‘you’ve passed but not guaranteed an AC’ message.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending