The Student Room Group

National Crime Agency - Business Support Officer

Scroll to see replies

I’ve just been offered a position for the G6 campaign in London!
Original post by chsooo

Aww well done thats great! Congratulations 👏 when were you informed you were in the candidate pool?
Original post by chsooo

Amazing!! Congrats! Within which division is your role?? I think I put my preference as within Operations, intelligence maybe, it I remember rightly haha
Reply 363
Original post by Neeshhhy
I haven't heard anything.. has everyone else not heard? And have you all applied for the G5 Business Support Officer Operations?

Not heard anything either! I applied for the G5 Business Support Officer - Operations role also!

Hopefully hear back soon as they state their monthly posting panel is on the 12th day of every month🤷🏽
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 364
Original post by chsooo

Congratss 👏🏼
Reply 365
Original post by chsooo

Yay! Well done you!
Hi,

I have also applied for the G5 business support role in London. Anyone recieved any news? I received an email saying I haven't been matched this month :frown:
Original post by anisaoox
Hi,

I have also applied for the G5 business support role in London. Anyone recieved any news? I received an email saying I haven't been matched this month :frown:

Hi I also picked London and applied for the same role. I emailed GRS and they said we would be contacted in due course. It doesnt really make sense some people got contacted and others didn't especially if you and I picked London. The update you received was it automated or did someone actually email you? Sorry for all the questions 😅 xx
Hi all,
Do you get a monthly update whether you've been placed from the moment you're placed in the pool or are you notified when you've been in the pool for a few months? I've not applied for BS but for another G5 role. Just wondering how it works as not had any comms since initial notification email.
Reply 369
Original post by Neeshhhy
Hi I also picked London and applied for the same role. I emailed GRS and they said we would be contacted in due course. It doesnt really make sense some people got contacted and others didn't especially if you and I picked London. The update you received was it automated or did someone actually email you? Sorry for all the questions 😅 xx

It’s based on merit order per location. Maybe they/others scored slightly higher and there were limited number of vacancies..
Original post by A9048
It’s based on merit order per location. Maybe they/others scored slightly higher and there were limited number of vacancies..

The role applied for had 66 vacancies from what I can remember.
I found out at around 2ish. I had an email last week saying I wasn’t successful for Septembers posting and that they’d continue to represent me at monthly postings etc. It’s in London and in the operational court. I had to sign off a conditional offer letter agreement and send off an occupational health questionnaire. On the civil service jobs portal it’s now moved from ‘application in reserve’ to ‘provisional offer’ too. I think they’ve just started doing the postings so I’m sure you guys will hear back soon!
Original post by chsooo

Congratulations!

When did you have the interview or get told you were successful for the G6 campaign? And what was your score for that one if you don’t mind me asking?

thanks 🙂
Original post by chsooo
I found out at around 2ish. I had an email last week saying I wasn’t successful for Septembers posting and that they’d continue to represent me at monthly postings etc. It’s in London and in the operational court. I had to sign off a conditional offer letter agreement and send off an occupational health questionnaire. On the civil service jobs portal it’s now moved from ‘application in reserve’ to ‘provisional offer’ too. I think they’ve just started doing the postings so I’m sure you guys will hear back soon!

Thats fantastic well done!

Did you apply for the G5 campaign as well?
Reply 374
Original post by chsooo

That’s amazing news congratulations!!

If I remember correctly you interviewed a bit before us for this role right? So maybe we will all start getting places soon.

Really well done! Are you excited?!
Reply 375
Also an update, i made a last minute decision last week to start a masters in Intelligence and Security studies, whilst I wait for the NCA :smile:
Reply 376
Original post by chsooo

Well done !!! How exciting what score did you get for the interview? And have you done a substance test yet or is that still to come?
Original post by Mla96
Also an update, i made a last minute decision last week to start a masters in Intelligence and Security studies, whilst I wait for the NCA :smile:

That’s exciting!! Where are you doing the masters? I just finished my masters in Terrorism and security from KCL
Update on my application. I have been following this thread for while. I applied for a G4 what was Business Support Manager (Operational) now Senior Business Support Officer (Investigations) in January 2019, Interview April 2019 and opted for Nottingham and put in pool. Scored 6s in all areas. Completed Pre-Employment Checks (Vetting, Substance Misuse Tests, Photo Taken). Business case for my first choice evidently not available so changed to Birmingham. October 2020 Conditional Offer for East Midlands / Birmingham so just completing final bits and awaiting start date and full offer. Its been a long wait however nearly there. Hang in there everyone!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Just to update people who are still waiting, I received an email on 8 October saying they had found a position for me in Warrington for the G5 Role, I had my interview at the end of July and was told I was in the candidate pool, thought it was going to be a longer wait but it was only a month or so after being told I was in the pool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending