The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE BSc Accounting & Finance PS!

Could someone from LSE please send me their personal statement for A&F so stuck on what to write
Reply 1
lol can someone send me theirs too pls
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by m.s124

I have no idea what they want, and my head of 6th form is a history teacher so he has no clue about finance and the only way I'd even get considered for LSE is on my personal statement cuz my grades are ****

GCSE: 5A*s 4As 1B
A-level predicted: A* AAA
Reply 3
Original post by pugpuppy111
I have no idea what they want, and my head of 6th form is a history teacher so he has no clue about finance and the only way I'd even get considered for LSE is on my personal statement cuz my grades are ****

GCSE: 5A*s 4As 1B
A-level predicted: A* AAA

wdym your grades are good
the only thing is a b but even thats at gcse level I doubt lse will care that much.
Original post by m.s124
wdym your grades are good
the only thing is a b but even thats at gcse level I doubt lse will care that much.

True, some people have had C's in their GCSEs yet they still got into LSE

Idk why but i sometimes wonder how someone who got C's at GCSE could get into LSE. I know they say your personal statement but i wonder; did they really not find someone else out of the 2000 applicants who had As and a good personal statement? the way Universities pick students is strange
Reply 5
Original post by pugpuppy111
True, some people have had C's in their GCSEs yet they still got into LSE

Idk why but i sometimes wonder how someone who got C's at GCSE could get into LSE. I know they say your personal statement but i wonder; did they really not find someone else out of the 2000 applicants who had As and a good personal statement? the way Universities pick students is strange

LSE say they look at each application individually and look at their circumstances. there may be a reason someone underperformed in their gcses.

I think ultimately it comes down to your personal statement. yh a person with As may have a good personal statement but they may not show the qualities lse is looking for whereas the person with Cs does. Maybe the person with C's talked about something really interesting and they just had to give them a place if you get what I mean.

then again im literally just a year 13 student so what do I know lol
But I get what you mean.
Reply 6
Original post by m.s124

Me too pls
Reply 7
There are lots of examples of people reading their LSE personal statements on youtube. You need to tailor your LSE PS to the course, so start with the course details and the modules. Think why you want to study this course and what modules excite you.
Original post by Ss12367
Me too pls

Original post by Breward
There are lots of examples of people reading their LSE personal statements on youtube. You need to tailor your LSE PS to the course, so start with the course details and the modules. Think why you want to study this course and what modules excite you.

No one really talks abt A&F on Youtube, they are all mostly Economics and Politics. and their not really subjects you study at A-levels or you could find really interesting books on them. You can't even actually learn it from reading books on your own without any prior knowledge. It's not like Econ or Politics where there r so many books you can easily read.

Plus, A&F is more practical, you need character and common sense, how do you express that in a personal statement?
What topics do you talk about that stand out, are original, and relevant to the course?
lol it looks like we are all in the same boat
there are literally no examples on the internet geared towards the lse course
The only reason why I want to even go to LSE is the work experience opportunities
If you dont get in, it really doesn't matter because firms look at how good you are at the job. I know someone who worked at a top Accounting firm and she said she would deliberately pass LSE/Oxbridge candidates as they are usually big headed and worse at the job (not every employer is like this btw) but yh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending