The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Official Manchester Metropolitan University Applicant Chat & FAQ Thread 2021

Hi everyone! :hello:

Welcome to the 2021 applicant thread for Manchester Met :biggrin:.

Feel free to introduce yourself and chat to other applicants, as well as asking some important questions when considering studying at University! You can find some ideas below:

What course are you applying for?
Will you be moving away or staying at home?
Have you registered your interest to attend of our Online Open Days for Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses?

We are happy to help with any questions you may have about studying with us, so please just get in touch!

You can ask our Student Rep questions about what it is like to study at Manchester Met on the threads below
Manchester Met Official UG Student Rep Thread
Manchester Met Official PG Student Rep Thread

You can also find some really useful information about the university by visiting the links below :cyber:

We look forward to hearing from you, and good luck with your applications! :u:

The Manchester Met TSR Team
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i wanted to take up filmmaking!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by cryingchild
i wanted to take up filmmaking!

Hi @cryingchild :hello:

Great to see you're interested in our course in Filmmaking! Have you had a chance to check out the course page in the Manchester School of Digital Arts (SODA) website? I will leave the link here for you to check out! I will also suggest having a good look at the Advice for Applicants page, where a variety of course tutors give hints and tips on how to put together the digital portfolio, as well as how to prepare for an interview :biggrin:.

We're also hosting an Online Open Day dedicated to all our courses at the Manchester School of Digital Arts. If you want to hear more about your course of choice, you can register your interest and attendance here.

I hope this helps :smile: If you have any other queries, just give us a shout!

Cheers,

Luca
Just received a conditional offer for the business technology course for next year! Mmu is my first choice so I’m buzzing
I have applied for MSc advanced physiotherpy for Jan 2021 10days back and I haven't got any reply from mmu till now. So I want to how long there will take to reply.
Original post by Anonymous
I have applied for MSc advanced physiotherpy for Jan 2021 10days back and I haven't got any reply from mmu till now. So I want to how long there will take to reply.

Hi,

Thank you for submitting your application :smile: it can take 4-6 weeks to here back from us in regards to the outcome of your application due to the volume of applications, the verification of qualifications and reading personal statements and references. If referee's delay in sending references this can also delay an application review being completed. Rest assured your application is important to us and we will be in touch as soon as possible :h:

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Best wishes,
Antonia
Hi , Thank you for your application, we are currently processing applications for January start dates, it can take between 4-6 weeks to hear back from us due to the amount of applications we receive; the verification process of checking qualifications, reading personal statements and references. If referees are delayed in sending references this could hold up an application. Rest assured your application is important to us and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Hope this reassures you a little :-)Best wishes, Antonia
Reply 7
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi everyone! :hello:

Welcome to the 2021 applicant thread for Manchester Met :biggrin:.

Feel free to introduce yourself and chat to other applicants, as well as asking some important questions when considering studying at University! You can find some ideas below:

What course are you applying for?
Will you be moving away or staying at home?
Have you registered your interest to attend of our Online Open Days for Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses?

We are happy to help with any questions you may have about studying with us, so please just get in touch!

You can also find some really useful information about the university by visiting the links below :cyber:

We look forward to hearing from you, and good luck with your applications! :u:

The Manchester Met TSR Team

Is the uni diverse - ethnicity wise ?
Original post by AntoniaMMU
Hi,

Thank you for submitting your application :smile: it can take 4-6 weeks to here back from us in regards to the outcome of your application due to the volume of applications, the verification of qualifications and reading personal statements and references. If referee's delay in sending references this can also delay an application review being completed. Rest assured your application is important to us and we will be in touch as soon as possible :h:

I hope this puts your mind at ease.

Best wishes,
Antonia

Thanks alot for the information.
Original post by Tashax2
Is the uni diverse - ethnicity wise ?

Hi @Tashax2

Yes the university has a diverse community. More information can be found here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/about-us/equality-and-diversity/. You may want to speak to our student ambassadors using our new chat with us function: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/chatwithus/ :smile:

Hope this helps
Antonia
Hey! I have a skype interview for MSc advanced physiotherpy in MMU on Nov 27th. I am really nervous so can anyone tell me about how they conduct the interview and what to expect.
who be applying for filmmaking
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I have a skype interview for MSc advanced physiotherpy in MMU on Nov 27th. I am really nervous so can anyone tell me about how they conduct the interview and what to expect.

Hi Anonymous,

The MSc Advanced Physiotherapy interview will be a chance to show the academic your passion and experience.
It will include any work experience, your qualifications mainly your degree, a chance for you to ask questions and discuss the course pathway your are thinking of going down.
You should have received an email from our admissions team with some information on how the interview will be conducted. If you think you have missed the email or not received it please contact us on 0161 247 2966 :smile:

Hope this helps
Antonia
Original post by willholt20
Just received a conditional offer for the business technology course for next year! Mmu is my first choice so I’m buzzing

Hi @willholt20 :hello:

Congratulations on the offer! If you need any more information about the course, please visit our online prospectus. I would also recommend you to attend one of our Virtual Undergraduate Open Days in November. It is a great opportunity to find out more about the course, facilities, accommodation and chat with current students, you can book your place now. :smile:

Best wishes,
Jess
Why are EU students on hold at Manchester Metropolitan University and our admission applications are not processed and why are those with British Citizenship being offered conditional or unconditional offers?
I’ve applied but haven’t had an email from them saying they’ve got my application? How long did it take everyone? I sent it of 4 days ago and have had 2 offers from other unis, but no acknowledgement from manny met? Anyone had the same problem? Or know how long I should give it before I email them?
Not too sure how active this thread is but ill ask anyway. So MMU, basically im in upper 6th in Belfast looking to move abroad to study computer science at MMU. I am currently studying Btec Level 3 Construction, Btec Level 3 IT and A-Level Moving Image Arts. Your entry requirements say that you accept 112-120 UCAS points but an A-level in subjects i dont do. Yet you take Btecs and one of the required subjects i do. So i was basically wondering if i would be eligible as MMU is really my first choice at this point.
Original post by AmberW2002
I’ve applied but haven’t had an email from them saying they’ve got my application? How long did it take everyone? I sent it of 4 days ago and have had 2 offers from other unis, but no acknowledgement from manny met? Anyone had the same problem? Or know how long I should give it before I email them?

They can take weeks to send you and email saying they have received your application. Also they take over a month to issue an offer, I’m still waiting for my offer and I have applied on November 4.
Original post by LukeMW25
Not too sure how active this thread is but ill ask anyway. So MMU, basically im in upper 6th in Belfast looking to move abroad to study computer science at MMU. I am currently studying Btec Level 3 Construction, Btec Level 3 IT and A-Level Moving Image Arts. Your entry requirements say that you accept 112-120 UCAS points but an A-level in subjects i dont do. Yet you take Btecs and one of the required subjects i do. So i was basically wondering if i would be eligible as MMU is really my first choice at this point.

Hi @LukeMW25 :hello:

Yes we do consider Btec's, you would need to meet the 112 - 120 UCAS points from your current subjects. But the subjects and qualifications you have listed are absolutely fine :smile:

The application deadline is the 15th January so make sure your application is on time, if you have not yet attended one of our open days why not come along and talk to our staff and students on the course:Open day

Best wishes,
Antonia
I received my offer letter with my MMU id. I tried registering my interest for accommodation but its saying I'm not eligible for accommodation even though I stated on my UCAS application I wanted to live away from home?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending