The Student Room Group

sandwich ideas

Hiya i was wondering can some of you give me some sandwich/wrap ideas for school i am getting sick of the same old ones think of as many as possible !
Ohhh what do you have normally tho then we can work around that
i have like cream cheese and salmon bagels
some sort of meat with vegetables in a sandwich w sauce
chickpea 'tuna' (cause tuna can be stinky to pack)
Hmmmm lemme think
A wrap of cream cheese with walnuts? I usually eat this with a cup of sweetened black tea so I’m not sure if you’re allowed to bring tea in school...
Reply 4
Hummus and salad.

Use cranberry jelly or mango chutney with meats and cheese.

Use some different salad items like olives and sundried tomatoes, rather than just the normal ones.

Why not make up a lunchbox of salad, rather than putting stuff in bread? You can have so many more interesting food that would fall out of a sandwich or wrap, but can have a bread roll on the side or add rice or pasta for some carbs: peas, corn, raw caiflower, raw broccoli, raw carrot, raw mange tout...
Original post by Surnia
Hummus and salad.

Use cranberry jelly or mango chutney with meats and cheese.

Use some different salad items like olives and sundried tomatoes, rather than just the normal ones.

Why not make up a lunchbox of salad, rather than putting stuff in bread? You can have so many more interesting food that would fall out of a sandwich or wrap, but can have a bread roll on the side or add rice or pasta for some carbs: peas, corn, raw caiflower, raw broccoli, raw carrot, raw mange tout...

Cranberry jelly or mango chutney with meats and cheese IS INCREDIBLE.
Tuna and egg sandwiches
Salmon and lettuce wraps
Ham and tomato sandwiches
Watercress and pork sandwiches
Bacon sandwiches
Chicken sandwiches
How about a sandwich but with out the bread:smile:
no i said sandwich without bread your talking about sandwich without filling lol:smile:
My mum gets these frozen spicy southern fried chicken strips from Iceland (the shop, not the country) and they taste soooo good! It’s not artificial pastey chicken in there either, it’s real authentic meat! :ahee:
And then my mum makes them into a wrap with mayo and lettuce and it is amaaaazing!

Other ideas:
Egg and cress (do you like mayo?)
Omelette
Cheese toastie
Hey i am dairy intolerant lol so i normally eat like dairy free dairy products (which yes i know are never as good as real products but u gotta do what u gotta do :frown:),also thanks for the suggestions.also salads and stuff are hard to eat at school cause you cant just bite them you need a fork and somewhere to sit and eat normally there are no tables cause we have to eat outside and the tables are limited outside so yh lol thats why i always talk sandwiches
also i rly wanna try a sandwich with cranberry jelly we have some at home and it sounds bomb!!!
Original post by dog25
Hey i am dairy intolerant lol so i normally eat like dairy free dairy products (which yes i know are never as good as real products but u gotta do what u gotta do :frown:),also thanks for the suggestions.also salads and stuff are hard to eat at school cause you cant just bite them you need a fork and somewhere to sit and eat normally there are no tables cause we have to eat outside and the tables are limited outside so yh lol thats why i always talk sandwiches

Oh yeah - I get what you mean. We can’t sit inside at lunch either because of corona.
Original post by dog25
Hiya i was wondering can some of you give me some sandwich/wrap ideas for school i am getting sick of the same old ones think of as many as possible !

What do you eat to your sandwich as a rule? I would add fried chicken with iceberg salad and and curry sauce, maybe even sliced cherry tomatoes.
One of my friend puts cheese and onion crisps in their sandwich and she says it’s “bomb” :beard:
Reply 15
Original post by dog25
also i rly wanna try a sandwich with cranberry jelly we have some at home and it sounds bomb!!!

Cranberry jelly is for life, not just for Christmas! :yum:
cheese and onion
salmon and lettuce
tuna and egg
pork or bacon
ham and mayonnaise
potato and chicken
mackerel and cucumber
walnut and watercress
pickled dill and apple
Beef, cherry tomato and mayonnaise is my fav :smile:)
Original post by Summerneive
One of my friend puts cheese and onion crisps in their sandwich and she says it’s “bomb” :beard:

It is :perv:

Quick Reply

Latest