The Student Room Group

OASC Board 2020

When finalising their decision, do the boarding officers take into account your previous filter interview ? Or is it just how you perform on the day
Reply 1
Original post by DuvaJunior
When finalising their decision, do the boarding officers take into account your previous filter interview ? Or is it just how you perform on the day

The filter is just that, a filter to get there. You've passed that, it's done.
Reply 2
Original post by Drewski
The filter is just that, a filter to get there. You've passed that, it's done.

From what I have been told, its quite the contrary to that.

Each candidate is given a PQAS score based on their performance during the Filter Interview. I do believe that this score is taken into account when OASC make the final decision to pass/fail an individual.
Reply 3
Original post by rhos113
From what I have been told, its quite the contrary to that.

Each candidate is given a PQAS score based on their performance during the Filter Interview. I do believe that this score is taken into account when OASC make the final decision to pass/fail an individual.

It may have changed, but I was always informed that OASC was standalone, your performance to get there was essentially irrelevant - you got there and so you all started from the same point. But yes, you are scored at the filter.

Maybe it's only taken into account if you go into the sift and it's a close choice?
Original post by Drewski
It may have changed, but I was always informed that OASC was standalone, your performance to get there was essentially irrelevant - you got there and so you all started from the same point. But yes, you are scored at the filter.

Maybe it's only taken into account if you go into the sift and it's a close choice?

I believe it changed when it moved to the new one day OASC and obviously only a 12 minute interview and so the performance at the filter interview is now having a bigger bearing on selection (especially as you say with those in the SIFT).
Original post by Raf1234567
I believe it changed when it moved to the new one day OASC and obviously only a 12 minute interview and so the performance at the filter interview is now having a bigger bearing on selection (especially as you say with those in the SIFT).

This is my understanding too
Reply 6
That all makes far too much sense for it to really be policy...!

Quick Reply

Latest