9. Talked to Raymond Santana of the Central Park 5
10. Volunteered in Malawi
11. Holocaust trip to Poland and Germany
12.volunteered at girl guides for 3 years
13. Worked summer jobs in catering
14. Chair of charities, fair trade and African link committee
15. Ran a book club in school and on library committee
16. Read the works of philosophers
I mean it looks like you have done a lot! I know the wait for ucas decisions can be very long but hang in there, hopefully something will come through soon :hugs:
Sounds like you have done tons of stuff, so definitely yes. Have you already applied?
Original post by laurawatt
I mean it looks like you have done a lot! I know the wait for ucas decisions can be very long but hang in there, hopefully something will come through soon :hugs:

Thank you 🥺😫
Original post by richmaths
Sounds like you have done tons of stuff, so definitely yes. Have you already

Yeah on Friday x
Original post by Lemurgeekgirl
Yeah on Friday x

Did you try and mention all of these in your PS or did your referee cover them?
Original post by laurawatt

Thank you- I’ve been looking at personal statements online and everyone seems to have done so much more than me though
Original post by Admit-One
Did you try and mention all of these in your PS or did your referee cover them?

I mentioned these - I have done a couple more things but there wasn’t enough words left. My referee just reiterated the justice committee of syp x
Are these enough to get me into law courses? I’m so paranoid
1. Work experience at a law firm
2. Work experience with an MSP
3. Visited my local court
4. Member of the Scottish youth parliament and on justice committee
5. Ran a young enterprise business
6. My world of work ambassador
7. Saltire ambassador
8. Prefect team leader
9. Talked to Raymond Santana of the Central Park 5
10. Volunteered in Malawi
11. Holocaust trip to Poland and Germany
12.volunteered at girl guides for 3 years
13. Worked summer jobs in catering
14. Chair of charities, fair trade and African link committee
15. Ran a book club in school and on library committee
16. Read the works of philosophers

It's not my area, but I would think so. Be aware that only those directly relevant to Law will help. For example, IMO, some, e.g. running a business, girl guides, and catering, are not worth mentioning.
Original post by RogerOxon
It's not my area, but I would think so. Be aware that only those directly relevant to Law will help. For example, IMO, some, e.g. running a business, girl guides, and catering, are not worth mentioning.

I used it to refer to the skills I gained but some of the courses are philosophy politics and law so I wanted to show different skills like leadership that’s what help at all three and stuff thank you😄
I mentioned these - I have done a couple more things but there wasn’t enough words left. My referee just reiterated the justice committee of syp x

In all honesty this is a very excessive list to try and cover on your PS, (as you've found). Better to cover the two or three most relevant examples in substantial detail and demonstrate your suitability and motivation for the course. Your referee can then list the rest.

I often explain that extra curriculars aren't like XP in a video game, you can't grind your way into getting an offer by adding on extra things. Admissions tutors will be looking for relevant experiences that you have reflected on in detail.

All of which is a bit moot as you've applied now, but I thought it was worth discussing as there seems to be some perception that you need endless extra curriculars to impress admissions staff.
Original post by Admit-One
In all honesty this is a very excessive list to try and cover on your PS, (as you've found). Better to cover the two or three most relevant examples in substantial detail and demonstrate your suitability and motivation for the course. Your referee can then list the rest.

I often explain that extra curriculars aren't like XP in a video game, you can't grind your way into getting an offer by adding on extra things. Admissions tutors will be looking for relevant experiences that you have reflected on in detail.

All of which is a bit moot as you've applied now, but I thought it was worth discussing as there seems to be some perception that you need endless extra curriculars to impress admissions staff.

Thank you for your help, my referee didn’t really talk about my extra curriculars in my reference. My statement wasn’t really listing off the bat- I would say something and how it would aid me in a degree 😄
Thank you for your help, my referee didn’t really talk about my extra curriculars in my reference. My statement wasn’t really listing off the bat- I would say something and how it would aid me in a degree 😄

Fair enough, I'm sure your statement is fine, you've obviously got plenty to reflect on. Best of luck with your apps and try not to keep refreshing UCAS Track :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending