The Student Room Group

A level year 13

im finding it so hard to revise I couldn't go a year back In my sixth form I don't even know year 12 content well enough let alone year 13 im struggling to much my parents hate me so much I know I should of revise I have deleted all socials everything to focus on revision my colly isn't really helping me I cried so much this week knowing I have ****ed up my life and won't even get into uni I just feel like a disappointment to my parents and everything

Scroll to see replies

Dont worry - I know it seems overwhelming but you absolutely have time to turn it around! Establish a good schedule, cut out distractions (which you seem to be doing anyway) and work hard (and EFFICIENTLY- find out what works best for you!)

We still have over 5 months until exams - you can do this!! 💙
Reply 2
Original post by annabelle51
Dont worry - I know it seems overwhelming but you absolutely have time to turn it around! Establish a good schedule, cut out distractions (which you seem to be doing anyway) and work hard (and EFFICIENTLY- find out what works best for you!)

We still have over 5 months until exams - you can do this!! 💙

hi what do mean work efficiently also im so behind in content im so stressed I can't even sleep I have been getting E's and D's I feel like my life is a mess and my parents hate me
Hi,

Non-generic response would be let your teacher know about it so they can maybe catch up with you on work after class? I’m sure they’d love to help you catch up, this is where you have to communicate and ask

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Hi,

Non-generic response would be let your teacher know about it so they can maybe catch up with you on work after class? I’m sure they’d love to help you catch up, this is where you have to communicate and ask

im scared they will be like you should drop out I have no idea what to do with my life as I have been getting **** grades its like me leaving year 12 and year 13 in one year
Original post by Anonymous
im scared they will be like you should drop out I have no idea what to do with my life as I have been getting **** grades its like me leaving year 12 and year 13 in one year

That’s fine, no need to worry, A - levels are hard. I agree..

In order to catch up, you need a little faith in yourself though, simply just ask your teacher to quickly go through some topics with you after class or before class, that’s what they are there for. They’re qualified in doing so.

Take a deep breathe, and try. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
That’s fine, no need to worry, A - levels are hard. I agree..

In order to catch up, you need a little faith in yourself though, simply just ask your teacher to quickly go through some topics with you after class or before class, that’s what they are there for. They’re qualified in doing so.

Take a deep breathe, and try. Hope this helps :smile:

the problem is im really really behind like I have so many sudical thought for the past week cuz i feel like im gonna get three U's and gonna get no where in life and its stressing me I regret now going a back a year cuz im struggling so much like my mocks are in jan and if I do bad in them idk what I would do with my life like seriously I would have no idea
the problem is im really really behind like I have so many sudical thought for the past week cuz i feel like im gonna get three U's and gonna get no where in life and its stressing me I regret now going a back a year cuz im struggling so much like my mocks are in jan and if I do bad in them idk what I would do with my life like seriously I would have no idea

I’m so sorry to hear that.

Please click this link if you feel this way: https://www.samaritans.org

You have time to get good grades, my best advice is to find s common ground and ask your teachers.. they’ll help you as they’re trained, experienced and qualified. That’s a manageable way to get decent grades rather than being reliant on yourself or feeling like you’re a failure.. it all starts with mindset.

Reply 8

You have time to get good grades, my best advice is to find s common ground and ask your teachers.. they’ll help you as they’re trained, experienced and qualified. That’s a manageable way to get decent grades rather than being reliant on yourself or feeling like you’re a failure.. it all starts with mindset.

im gonna try do the most I can but im struggling so so so much like I cry about it everyday knowing its all my fault I should of acted and even my parents Blame me so much for everything and yes I will tell my teacher and my tutor at where im at but I just have to hope what is I fail and nothing in life goes right
Reply 9

im really scared im gonna fail in jan and if I do bad what's the point of me carrying on
im gonna try do the most I can but im struggling so so so much like I cry about it everyday knowing its all my fault I should of acted and even my parents Blame me so much for everything and yes I will tell my teacher and my tutor at where im at but I just have to hope what is I fail and nothing in life goes right

Hi,

I’m here if you need someone to talk to through your tough times, just shoot me a message & I’m happy to help you with your subjects also as an external support (if we do similar subjects) but if not then your teachers will be so useful as they know exactly what to do..
No need to cry, I’m here if you feel sad or like if you’re alone

You’ll get through it, keep pushing
^^ woops, mistakenly clicked on anonymous, apologies🤦
(edited 3 years ago)
^^ woops, mistakenly clicked on anonymous, apologies🤦

I pick bio chem geo but im struggling so much I cant even sleep or eat
I pick bio chem geo but im struggling so much I cant even sleep or eat

Okay, if you are struggling with either Biology or Chemistry, and your teachers aren’t available then feel free to message me

I’m willing to give you a few minutes or hours out of my day to help you. Do eat though, don’t starve yourself, or else it’ll just be an endless cycle of struggle. Keep your head up

Okay, if you are struggling with either Biology or Chemistry, and your teachers aren’t available then feel free to message me

I’m willing to give you a few minutes or hours out of my day to help you. Do eat though, don’t starve yourself, or else it’ll just be an endless cycle of struggle. Keep your head up

im very behind in content like it me starting from the start of A levels and im struggling way to much hhh
im very behind in content like it me starting from the start of A levels and im struggling way to much hhh

You can do it

I believe in you
(edited 3 years ago)
You can do it

I believe in you

if I do bad in jan I feel like I should drop out
hi what do mean work efficiently also im so behind in content im so stressed I can't even sleep I have been getting E's and D's I feel like my life is a mess and my parents hate me

What I mean by work efficiently is:
1. Figure out what time of day you work best + can concentrate well (for me it is early in the morning)
2. Figure out which learning style works best for you
3. Set aside time to work (following the above) and put in 100% effort. 1 hour of super productive work is much better than 3 hours of lousy work where you’re not really focused.

To improve your grades, defo look at mark schemes as they are super helpful. Find past papers with full mark answer examples, write your own answer, then look at what the exemplar answer contains/how it is written, then rewrite your own answer with that style in mind.

Seneca is quite helpful. Also, have a look on YouTube- so many teachers put up great videos explaining everything.

And make sure you have a solid sleep cycle - dont have erratic times to wake up and go to sleep (your sleep quality will be so much better if your cycle is regular).

Hope this helps!

What I would do is set aside a certain amount of time each day to go over the old content (even if it just reading through old notes while you drink your tea/coffee/whatever in the morning). 20 mins a day adds up FAST :smile:
if I do bad in jan I feel like I should drop out

DON’T drop out! You can do it! I PROMISE. My older brother never worked / paid attention in lessons and was predicated all Ds, but he worked super hard in the last few months before exams, and came out with all As/A*s and 1 B. If you put your mind to it and stay consistent, you can absolutely NAIL these exams! Good luck 🤞🏻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending