The Student Room Group

National Audit Office Graduate 2021

Hi all!

Wanted to see if there was any others who were applying for NAO this year, with them delaying they're applications a bit. Just submitted my competency answers yesterday so fingers crossed! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Silvalry
Hi all!

Wanted to see if there was any others who were applying for NAO this year, with them delaying they're applications a bit. Just submitted my competency answers yesterday so fingers crossed! :smile:

Hey,
yeah I've submitted my application too-good luck to you.
do you have any idea on how virtual process will work in terms of the next stages because of the cover situation .
Reply 2
Original post by harry782
Hey,
yeah I've submitted my application too-good luck to you.
do you have any idea on how virtual process will work in terms of the next stages because of the cover situation .

Next stage is the telephone interview, so can't see that being interrupted much.

Assessment centre may just be virtual, but I've kind of gotten used to video over the last few months so I'm very optimistic (If I get that far, ahaa)
Did any of you have trouble booking a slot for the phone interview? I found out this afternoon that I’ve been invited to do a telephone interview, so I am trying to book it but the page won’t load. I’m getting a bit concerned about it :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by lauramarie13
Did any of you have trouble booking a slot for the phone interview? I found out this afternoon that I’ve been invited to do a telephone interview, so I am trying to book it but the page won’t load. I’m getting a bit concerned about it :frown:

Hey Laura,

I haven't been notified for the telephone interview stage yet, but I remember last yearn my application I had some difficulty booking too so I emailed HR with my preferred slot and booked it through email. - Hope that helps !

When did you send off your competency questions if you don't mind me asking
Reply 5
Original post by lauramarie13

I had the same problem. Emailed HR and they managed to sort it for me :smile:
I emailed and they were super helpful! I think I sent off my competency questions on the 23rd of October :smile:
Reply 7
Just checked my portal and I'm through to the assessment centre. Haven't received details about when it will be tho! I hope everyone else has done well!
Reply 8
Just checked my portal and I'm through to the assessment centre. Haven't received details about when it will be tho! I hope everyone else has done well!

Congrats,I progressed to the AC aswell - HR managed to reinstate my application from last year as it was postponed due to the pandemic situation.
Good luck for the next stage, hope they give us details with enough time to practice !
Original post by harry782
Congrats,I progressed to the AC aswell - HR managed to reinstate my application from last year as it was postponed due to the pandemic situation.
Good luck for the next stage, hope they give us details with enough time to practice !

I’m also through! Good luck to you guys! I’m so curious about how long it’ll take for them to give us a date for it
Reply 10
Has anyone received a date for the assessment centre yet? :smile:
Has anyone received a date for the assessment centre yet? :smile:

Not yet, still waiting! I had my telephone interview last Wednesday and my status on the portal changed later that day. I imagine that the assessment centres would fall this side of Christmas given that some of the intake would have the option to start in January-March?
Reply 12
Any idea how to book a telephone interview?

It seems to load indefinitely for me and I emailed on Friday with no response yet.

Cheers
Reply 13
Just submitted my competency questions. How long did ppl wait for telephone interview invites?

Thanks 😊
Reply 14
Original post by Lan1997
Any idea how to book a telephone interview?

It seems to load indefinitely for me and I emailed on Friday with no response yet.

Cheers

Had the exact same problem. They responded to my email within like 3 days and booked me one manually :smile:
Any tips for telephone interview?
Original post by conplexus
Any tips for telephone interview?

I second this, my telephone interviews on Friday but I have an AC before that for another company, so would really value some insiders/tips on the telephone interview process. I know it will be competency based, but I'm wondering what type of Q's about the NAO they may ask e.g. would it be beneficial to go over some value for money reports which they do?
Reply 17
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you after competency questions? I applied quite late to the scheme.
Reply 18
Original post by FHL123
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you after competency questions? I applied quite late to the scheme.

They responded to me within 2 weeks
Reply 19
Anyone had an AC date yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending