The Student Room Group

Tesco cashier URGENT help

I cant find my employee number anywhere so I cant log in to ourtesco and I dont know what to do.
When i come in as a cashier do I pick a random till or do I get someone to direct me there?
How do I get my pay slip, will they give it to me physically or do I have to ask?
How do I open the cash bit and tag taker offer thing at the start of my shift?
How do I close my til when my shifts over to stop people coming when I'm trying to leave I tried today but people kept coming and so I worked for 10 minutes over my shift?
I would ask my team leader but I dont know who they are and I dont want to bother them as there are so many new temporary workers
Please help, thank you
Is there another cashier who isn't new that you would be able to ask?
Or a cashier that you could ask to point out who your team leader is? - this seems like the best option as that way you'd be able to find out who they are, and don't worry about bothering them. 1. That's their job, 2. That's something they need to be telling you and 3. They'll be able to tell you immediately to help take away some of the stress you're experiencing.
Reply 2
Original post by sjtrinder
Is there another cashier who isn't new that you would be able to ask?
Or a cashier that you could ask to point out who your team leader is? - this seems like the best option as that way you'd be able to find out who they are, and don't worry about bothering them. 1. That's their job, 2. That's something they need to be telling you and 3. They'll be able to tell you immediately to help take away some of the stress you're experiencing.

Yes I know one person so I'll ask them!! Thank you
Original post by Tadoo2002
I cant find my employee number anywhere so I cant log in to ourtesco and I dont know what to do.
When i come in as a cashier do I pick a random till or do I get someone to direct me there?
How do I get my pay slip, will they give it to me physically or do I have to ask?
How do I open the cash bit and tag taker offer thing at the start of my shift?
How do I close my til when my shifts over to stop people coming when I'm trying to leave I tried today but people kept coming and so I worked for 10 minutes over my shift?
I would ask my team leader but I dont know who they are and I dont want to bother them as there are so many new temporary workers
Please help, thank you

Hi there

Once you arrive at the store report to manager and then he/she will direct you towards the particular department supervisor or team leader for them to sort you out whatever job you are doing that day,
You'll be allocated a till each shift you on them ok, about logging on to tills then the supervisor or team leader should do this for you each time you needing to log on, you'll need to sort out your payroll number as well as manager should be able to do that for you without worries,
The tag remover will automatically open once you log on so don't panic there,

You will be shown how to operate the tills anyway so I wouldn't panic yet and If stuck them as another staff member for help and don't matter how many times you do this either.

If you are employed as a cashier them you'll be allocated a till each shift you do but if you are not then you'll be filling shelves or fridges etc untill asked to assist on tills

A team leader with tesco.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending