The Student Room Group

How can I get predicted A*’s by the end of year 12

So currently I’m just about scraping a pass in my A level subjects which are bio chem but in psych I am passing so how can I get predicted A*s in all my a level subjects by the end of year 12?
I do chemistry & biology, and am currently in year 13. For chemistry, I would suggest develop a solid understanding of the basic concepts. Try watching someone called 'Eliot Rintoul' on YouTube, who does videos on all AQA topics. For biology, I would suggest to, not only conceptualise topics, but also regularly go over flashcards / notes to ensure key biological ideas stick in your mind. Closer to exams, perhaps try using sites like 'physicsandmathstutor' to develop exam technique. I wish you the very best of luck in your studies!
Original post by ChemBioPsych1335
So currently I’m just about scraping a pass in my A level subjects which are bio chem but in psych I am passing so how can I get predicted A*s in all my a level subjects by the end of year 12?

Of course you can!!!
i was in the exact same position as you when I was in year 12 but with the correct adaptation to my revision techniques, I was able to gain the grades and get the predicted grades (A*A*A) in bio,chem and sociology respectively and apply to my desired course!!

for biology It’s all about understanding the content fully and summarising.If you are struggling with some concepts see your teacher or watch biology Carol on youtube, she is amazing and goes in depth with topics & can be used with all exam boards.Next, make sure you have summarised notes that you can return to, I personally summarise my notes on flash cards with questions at the back of each (for bio and chem) this is active recall revision and EXTREMELY effective in helping you memorise.Next the main key to success is practise practise practise!! Go on physics and maths tutor when’re you can find topic specific exam questions.Do these questions and see where you go wrong, as for the recall questions, like recalling processes or definitions, you must Melrose the answers for these questions, by perhaps writing them on a flash card, as there are specific terminology you need to score the marks.Get used to command words for questions (Describe/explain) really understand what examiners are looking for for these words! (Biology carol has an excellent video on YouTube explaining command words!).If you get a question working take note of it and understand where you went wrong, return to the question later on and retry till you get full marks!its all about practise, some questions are quite tricky so don’t get disheartened if you find them difficult, you will get better with practise!!

chemistry is the same, I used flash cards with questions on the back in order to memorise content.For tricky topics I watched videos, I used tailored tutors which is quite pricey but honestly, there are plenty of YouTubers such as alley chemistry & machemguy that do the same job in explaining.Always practise questions on physics and maths tutor and similarly to biology, make notes of questions you got wrong, perhaps copy the question and answer into a flashacrd until you score full marks!!Alsways pester your teachers for help too because it’s their job!!

Most importantly believe in yourself and that you can do it because you can!I promise you, it doesn’t take a genius to get A*s, it’s am about revision technique and revising effectively.Dont over stress yourself and do things you love too.Take care & I wish you the best of luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest