The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

BSc Economics, starting 2021

Hi there!

So my predicted grades are currently A*A*AB, with the A* in Maths and Further Maths, A in Chemistry and B in Economics. I'm going to apply for Economics, which requires A*AA with A* in Maths + an essay based subject. Obviously that my Economics is currently 1 grade lower than the entry requirement, do you think I will have a chance of getting into LSE or should I save the choice for a lower uni?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there!

So my predicted grades are currently A*A*AB, with the A* in Maths and Further Maths, A in Chemistry and B in Economics. I'm going to apply for Economics, which requires A*AA with A* in Maths + an essay based subject. Obviously that my Economics is currently 1 grade lower than the entry requirement, do you think I will have a chance of getting into LSE or should I save the choice for a lower uni?

LSE only requires A*AAE so in your fourth subject, you will only be required to pass it. However, given how competitive LSE is the B grade may not be seen as being strong in comparison to other applicants who may have A*A*A*A*. The decision is up to you, maybe you could apply to LSE and still give it a shot as your personal statement may be extremely strong and get you an offer anyway.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I second this ^^ a strong personal statement may offset any weakness in grades :smile: good luck..it's worth a shot
It’s only one option out of five. You might as well give it a go.
Reply 4
When LSE will start giving offers?
What they generally look for?Ane news from LSE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending