The Student Room Group

Best universities for International mangement

Hi,
I'm not sure to which unis to apply for for International Management, I have predicted A*A*AA . Can you recommend unis?
(I don't take Maths A level which limits me a bit)
Thanks guys, your help is greatly appreciated!!
What sort of university environment are you looking for?

Do you have any universities on your shortlist or longlist already?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What sort of university environment are you looking for?

Do you have any universities on your shortlist or longlist already?

Hi, I'm looking for the best universities in terms of career prospects but with a nice social environment. I don't really mind between a city vs campus university just that its easy to meet people and make friends.
In my list I had KCL, Bath, St Andrews, Warwick (but it asks for an A in IGCSE maths and I have a B.. ) but I'm only really sure about Kings and Bath. What do you think?
Thankss!
Original post by Gabriela N
Hi, I'm looking for the best universities in terms of career prospects but with a nice social environment. I don't really mind between a city vs campus university just that its easy to meet people and make friends.
In my list I had KCL, Bath, St Andrews, Warwick (but it asks for an A in IGCSE maths and I have a B.. ) but I'm only really sure about Kings and Bath. What do you think?
Thankss!

They're ok but neither of them are particularly well known for their business schools in particular - and presumably if you want to study international business you're interested in universities with a high recognition worldwide (or are you hoping to work in a specific country)?

Are you looking for a course with language or study abroad options? Any specific countries or languages?

Are you from a big city? Don't underestimate the culture shock in moving from a big city to a small city/campus (or vice versa) - the most important thing to employers is you and your personal CV and that wont be improved if you find yourself unhappy and struggling to motivate yourself academically and in extra curriculars.

If you don't meet the GCSE requirements and aren't resitting then it is a waste of a choice to apply for Warwick.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
They're ok but neither of them are particularly well known for their business schools in particular - and presumably if you want to study international business you're interested in universities with a high recognition worldwide (or are you hoping to work in a specific country)?

Are you looking for a course with language or study abroad options? Any specific countries or languages?

Are you from a big city? Don't underestimate the culture shock in moving from a big city to a small city/campus (or vice versa) - the most important thing to employers is you and your personal CV and that wont be improved if you find yourself unhappy and struggling to motivate yourself academically and in extra curriculars.

If you don't meet the GCSE requirements and aren't resitting then it is a waste of a choice to apply for Warwick.

Yes, I would like for a uni with a high recognition worldwide, particularly in Europe as I live in Spain.
So, could you please tell me which unis are best known for their business department? As on rankings I found KCL and Bath were top for business management, but I guess you can't really rely on rankings..I'm not really sure where to apply..

Yes, I would ideally like a programme which has study abroad options or work placements. Study abroad options for example in France, Italy, or Spain, mostly countries in Europe. But I have no specific requirements for that.

Yes, I am from Madrid, a big city. So I will have that in mind, that's why I was a bit worried with St Andrews.. But on the other hand, I heard that in unis in London like KCL it can be a bit lonely as there's no campus.

Ok, thanks about the advice oregarding Warwick, its just that as I have A*A*AA predicted and as it asks for AAA I thought maybe they could make an exception (also considering I do higher level Maths as one of my Spanish subjects and my grade for that is 9/10 but they may not care about that haha) But I guess they have lots of competition and it isn't worth wasting a choice..

Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated!!
Reply 5
Original post by Gabriela N
Yes, I would like for a uni with a high recognition worldwide, particularly in Europe as I live in Spain.
So, could you please tell me which unis are best known for their business department? As on rankings I found KCL and Bath were top for business management, but I guess you can't really rely on rankings..I'm not really sure where to apply..

Yes, I would ideally like a programme which has study abroad options or work placements. Study abroad options for example in France, Italy, or Spain, mostly countries in Europe. But I have no specific requirements for that.

Yes, I am from Madrid, a big city. So I will have that in mind, that's why I was a bit worried with St Andrews.. But on the other hand, I heard that in unis in London like KCL it can be a bit lonely as there's no campus.

Ok, thanks about the advice oregarding Warwick, its just that as I have A*A*AA predicted and as it asks for AAA I thought maybe they could make an exception (also considering I do higher level Maths as one of my Spanish subjects and my grade for that is 9/10 but they may not care about that haha) But I guess they have lots of competition and it isn't worth wasting a choice..

Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated!!

Hi, Bath is actually really well known for its business school! They consistently rank pretty high and have some great graduate prospects for Business Management. Other unis with good business schools include Loughborough, UCL, Exeter, Manchester and Leeds. I don't know as much about KCL but I agree with a lot of what you've previously said about the issues with London unis. For some reference, I have recently applied for Business Management and Spanish (so slightly different but may still be useful) at Bristol, Bath, Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham.

Lots of unis now offer a year in industry with Business courses so I'd definitely look into that. I know Bath are very big on placement/study aborad years and have some really great connections for those.

Also linking into maths at Warwick, I would look into being able to substitute your IGCSE grade with your Spanish grade. With GCSE grades they're relatively flexible, particularly if you're currently taking that subject and performing at the correct level.

Hope this was helpful!
Reply 6
Original post by juliet0208
Hi, Bath is actually really well known for its business school! They consistently rank pretty high and have some great graduate prospects for Business Management. Other unis with good business schools include Loughborough, UCL, Exeter, Manchester and Leeds. I don't know as much about KCL but I agree with a lot of what you've previously said about the issues with London unis. For some reference, I have recently applied for Business Management and Spanish (so slightly different but may still be useful) at Bristol, Bath, Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham.

Lots of unis now offer a year in industry with Business courses so I'd definitely look into that. I know Bath are very big on placement/study aborad years and have some really great connections for those.

Also linking into maths at Warwick, I would look into being able to substitute your IGCSE grade with your Spanish grade. With GCSE grades they're relatively flexible, particularly if you're currently taking that subject and performing at the correct level.

Hope this was helpful!

Thankss!!
You've applied to great unis, maybe we'll both end up at Bath hahaha.
Thanks about the help and advice!!
If you’re an EU student then I would suggest looking at Royal Holloway. As far as I know they’re the only UK university not charging international fees to EU students starting in 2021 and they have a good business school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending