The Student Room Group
Reply 1
White Tack :wink:
Reply 3
Do it anyway - everyone else will. Your room will probably already be covered in Blu Tack marks.
Original post by ArtGoblin
Do it anyway - everyone else will. Your room will probably already be covered in Blu Tack marks.

Essentially this. There really isn't any other practical way other than blutack (it's pretty much as practical as they get without putting tiny holes in walls) and white-tack is the biggest lie since sliced bread (I couldn't think of a 'since...').
white tack, although in my room in first year it pulled off the paint when i took photos down. cleverly just tipex'd the plaster and nobody ever found out
chewing gum :wink:
I ignored instructions and did it anyway last year. It did leave marks to be honest, but I didn't get anything taken off my deposit for it. This year my landlord said to use pins instead which I think is odd, surely the holes they leave are worse than blu tack marks, but I guess it's not my problem. :dontknow: You can get alternatives to blu tack that claim not to leave marks, but I tried one of them and it took the paint off the wall! So I'd recommend just using blu tack anyway, you can't be a student without posters on your walls!
If this is University of Manchester owned accommodation, then it's a rule that's widely ignored and never enforced :wink:
Reply 9
Cool, Thanks everyone :smile:
use a classroom display board and use glue to get it on the wall. Then, use a staple gun for your posters and get the glue off with acid and repaint the wall :-)
If you don't mind it's appearance I always use masking tape - it holds well and peels off perfectly if you hold a hairdryer over it at the end of the year. I've been using masking tape for years for sticking paintings I'm working on up on the walls and they'll stay for a couple months then I just use a hairdryer, the glue softens and it comes off easily. If a little glue is left behind just let it dry for 10-15 seconds and rub it so it balls up and comes off. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Essentially this. There really isn't any other practical way other than blutack (it's pretty much as practical as they get without putting tiny holes in walls) and white-tack is the biggest lie since sliced bread (I couldn't think of a 'since...':wink:.

The biggest lie since Bill Clinton "did not have sexual relations with that woman"?
Just a suggestion.

I believe in sliced bread.
Haven't done it with white tack but have done it successfully with blu tack. When you take the posters/photos down, do it so blu tack stays on the wall. Make sure your finger or thumb is clean, then gently roll until the blu tack comes off. Wipe the wall with a damp cloth that's only had water on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you could buy a desk or something that already has pins to stick pictures, or a photo frame stand.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by user123_myra
you could buy a desk or something that already has pins to stick pictures, or a photo frame stand.

8 year old thread. I’m sure OP has sorted it out. :wink:
Toothpaste. It works. Then wash it off at the end. Old prison trick. Use white paste obviously.
(edited 1 year ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending