The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Have I been offered a place?

I contacted King’s College London to ask a question about my application. I have not yet got an offer from King’s Apply or UCAS. In their response it says “the course you have applied to and been offered...”. I know KCL send out offers in batches, could it be that I have been offered a place and will be informed at the next send out. It’s just that quote “and been offered” which is making me question if I have an offer or not.
Original post by Year12Studentt
I contacted King’s College London to ask a question about my application. I have not yet got an offer from King’s Apply or UCAS. In their response it says “the course you have applied to and been offered...”. I know KCL send out offers in batches, could it be that I have been offered a place and will be informed at the next send out. It’s just that quote “and been offered” which is making me question if I have an offer or not.

Until you have something on Track, it is not an offer.

This will be an error on their part. Either they've inferred you've got an offer before considering you, or you will have an offer shortly and they've got ahead of themselves by stating this, (it's a big no-no, UCAS must be the first ones to advise you of any decisions).

Very frustrating either way, but you still need to wait for a formal decision on Track.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Admit-One
Until you have something on Track, it is not an offer.

This will be an error on their part. Either they've inferred you've got an offer before considering you, or you will have an offer shortly and they've got ahead of themselves by stating this, (it's a big no-no, UCAS must be the first ones to advise you of any decisions).

Very frustrating either way, but you still need to wait for a formal decision on Track.

I totally understand that nothing is confirmed until I hear from UCAS. I was just wondering if KCL will be giving me an offer in their next dump of offers and the person who was helping me with my query saw this and assumed I had an offer. I would try to contact them but it takes around 14 days to get a reply - I was hoping for a decision before then.
I totally understand that nothing is confirmed until I hear from UCAS. I was just wondering if KCL will be giving me an offer in their next dump of offers and the person who was helping me with my query saw this and assumed I had an offer. I would try to contact them but it takes around 14 days to get a reply - I was hoping for a decision before then.

Why do you need to knw so quickly? It's not a race ..
Original post by Muttley79
Why do you need to knw so quickly? It's not a race ..

I have only applied to two universities and I will determine the other three once I have a decision from King’s. If I get accepted to KCL, I will apply to more competitive unis and vice versa. I would like to add those choices sooner rather than later.
I have only applied to two universities and I will determine the other three once I have a decision from King’s. If I get accepted to KCL, I will apply to more competitive unis and vice versa. I would like to add those choices sooner rather than later.

You still have over a month to get equal consideration ...

Only KCL could tell you this and they will be very, very reluctant to give any timescales because if they don't meet them, it would just cause complaints/more chasing from applicants. Ultimately they have until May.

Quick Reply

Latest