The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham Medicine application

I received a reply from UoB, it was neither a rejection or an offer. The email stated,
"All candidates were ranked based on their overall interview score, and conditional offers have been sent to those ranked highest. Although your score meant that we were unable to offer you a place at this time, we wanted to let you know that your academic performance remains strong. As we must work to an overall intake cap set by national bodies, we would like to hold your application a little while longer as it may be possible that we can still offer you a place."

What does this mean? Is there much of a chance that I will receive an offer?
Original post by imiss2000s
I received a reply from UoB, it was neither a rejection or an offer. The email stated,
"All candidates were ranked based on their overall interview score, and conditional offers have been sent to those ranked highest. Although your score meant that we were unable to offer you a place at this time, we wanted to let you know that your academic performance remains strong. As we must work to an overall intake cap set by national bodies, we would like to hold your application a little while longer as it may be possible that we can still offer you a place."

What does this mean? Is there much of a chance that I will receive an offer?

Apparently you’ve been put ‘on hold’ if less people accept the offer this year then you might get a place but I don’t think many people got in that way last year - there is a chance though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending