The Student Room Group

UCL Requirement

Can anyone please explain to me the requirement of UCL, mathematics
(A*A*A with A*A* in Mathematics and Further Mathematics, or A*AA with A*A in Mathematics and Further Mathematics, any order, and a 2 in any STEP Paper or a Distinction in the Mathematics AEA)
Currently, I have predicted grades of
Math A*
Maths Further A
Computer science A*
Physics A*
Accounting A
and do I stand a chance according to these requirements
If you take the STEP paper, and get a 2, your entry requirements will be lowered where you need an A* in Maths or Further Maths, and two As in other subjects (one would include maths or further maths)
If you take the STEP and don’t get a 2 or just don’t take the STEP paper, you will need to get A*A*A, in Maths, Further Maths and another subject.
Original post by goldsniper
If you take the STEP paper, and get a 2, your entry requirements will be lowered where you need an A* in Maths or Further Maths, and two As in other subjects (one would include maths or further maths)
If you take the STEP and don’t get a 2 or just don’t take the STEP paper, you will need to get A*A*A, in Maths, Further Maths and another subject.

For the offer grades to be dropped, you need a 2 on the STEP paper or a distinction on the Maths AEA.
Original post by AZZANZAHID
Can anyone please explain to me the requirement of UCL, mathematics
(A*A*A with A*A* in Mathematics and Further Mathematics, or A*AA with A*A in Mathematics and Further Mathematics, any order, and a 2 in any STEP Paper or a Distinction in the Mathematics AEA)
Currently, I have predicted grades of
Math A*
Maths Further A
Computer science A*
Physics A*
Accounting A
and do I stand a chance according to these requirements

Why are you doing 5 A levels? You need a 2 in STEP and to meet predictions ...
Reply 4
Original post by goldsniper

Thank you can you please give the thoughts on would I be able to get an offer from UCL with these predicted grades
Original post by AZZANZAHID
Thank you can you please give the thoughts on would I be able to get an offer from UCL with these predicted grades

If you meet the entry requirements, you have a chance but then again, the personal statement is what will determine your offer even if you meet the grade criteria. I would say though to ask your teachers to give you an A* in Further Maths so your application looks stronger.

Quick Reply

Latest