The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Ucl psychology

I want to apply to do psychology at ucl and I meet the a level requirements and gcse ones EXCEPT the science one. They said grade 6 for science however I have grade 5 for gcse science. Is it worth applying to if I don’t meet the requirements? Need realistic answers
Original post by Anonymous
I want to apply to do psychology at ucl and I meet the a level requirements and gcse ones EXCEPT the science one. They said grade 6 for science however I have grade 5 for gcse science. Is it worth applying to if I don’t meet the requirements? Need realistic answers

Generally speaking, unis are not flexible with GCSE requirements. Contact UCL's admissions team and ask them for an accurate answer.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Fairly unlikely since a) as above unis tend to view GCSE requirements as "hard" requirements and b) the UCL psychology course is very science heavy so it may not be a good fit for you if you struggle with scientific material (and I suspect UCL are aware of that - I believe most students on the course have done 2 or 3 science A-levels anyway so I think they do select for that to a point).
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
Fairly unlikely since a) as above unis tend to view GCSE requirements as "hard" requirements and b) the UCL psychology course is very science heavy so it may not be a good fit for you if you struggle with scientific material (and I suspect UCL are aware of that - I believe most students on the course have done 2 or 3 science A-levels anyway so I think they do select for that to a point).

Thank you for responding!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending