The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

not having a gcse language - UCL

I do not have a gcse in MFL and UCL requires it. However, they did say something like offering an additional language course for students who do not have one and want to get in. Is this true for every applicants who meet the requirements for the course but do not have a MFL? Will they overlook this if I have decent grades - (let’s say four 9s, three 8s and three 7s)

I speak another language a home (although it’s not modern so I can’t do the gcse for it). I want to take maths for uni. Thanks.
Original post by LN05
I do not have a gcse in MFL and UCL requires it. However, they did say something like offering an additional language course for students who do not have one and want to get in. Is this true for every applicants who meet the requirements for the course but do not have a MFL? Will they overlook this if I have decent grades - (let’s say four 9s, three 8s and three 7s)

I speak another language a home (although it’s not modern so I can’t do the gcse for it). I want to take maths for uni. Thanks.

Yes it is true that they give offers to people without a MFL at GCSE but will then expect you to take a short language course while at UCL
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
Yes it is true that they give offers to people without a MFL at GCSE but will then expect you to take a short language course while at UCL

Thanks for the reply. Is it offered to all applicants without MFL or just some? Does the extra work load affect the student’s main course?
Original post by LN05
Thanks for the reply. Is it offered to all applicants without MFL or just some? Does the extra work load affect the student’s main course?

I don't know the details of it I'm afraid, I just know that people in the past on the Law forum have been offered places at UCL without having a GCSE MFL, but have been told they will need to do a short course in first year alongside their degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending