The Student Room Group

What predicted grades do you need to get into Tiffin Sixth Form for 2021 entry?

Here are my predicted Grades in best 8 subjects:
Maths = 7
English Language = 7
Biology = 8
Chemistry = 8
Geography = 8
Physics = 7
English Literature = 7
Computer Science = 7

They said the minimum entry requirement to get a chance in their sixth form is a total point score of 54 or higher in best 8 GCSE subjects and a 5 in Maths and English Language. Do you think I stand a chance with these predicted grades or no chance at all in getting a conditional offer?

How do they calculate the GCSE point score in best 8 subjects? Do they double maths and English or do they keep it single?
(edited 3 years ago)
mate I'm gonna be brutally honest, you have no chance as a current student at tiffin i can tell you all the new people that join have a minimum of 5 grade 9s
Original post by arunamlle24
mate I'm gonna be brutally honest, you have no chance as a current student at tiffin i can tell you all the new people that join have a minimum of 5 grade 9s

Thanks for letting me know.
Original post by Toastant
I'm a current student at Tiffin boys as well. We are expected to get mostly 9s and some 8s. Although for already-tiffin students the requirement for sixth form are only 5s or 6s I believe, it's a lot harder for other students to join because the competition is high for our sixth form

Wait you ONLY NEEDS 5s and 6s whaaaaaaaaat!
Wait so what is your total GCSE point score?
You need a total grade score of 54 to get in so what does the 5 in maths and English Language apply to?
How do they calculate your total grade score anyway? Do they double maths and English or keep it single?
You need a total grade score of 54 so how is that only 5s and 6s. I don't understand ????. Grade score of 54 is like 77777766 minimum not 5555555 etc.
Do they mean your admission score because I typed mine in and its like 73?
https://fs22.formsite.com/HillsRoadSixthForm/exycjc3jwj/index.html. Go on this website and type in all your predicted grades. I got 73? I thought it was just 59 as its (7 x 5) + (8 x 3) = 35 + 24 = 59.
I'm a current student at Tiffin boys as well. We are expected to get mostly 9s and some 8s. Although for already-tiffin students the requirement for sixth form are only 5s or 6s I believe, it's a lot harder for other students to join because the competition is high for our sixth form

So can you give me an example of a total grade score of 54 please as 8 best GCSE grades if that's ok?

Your sixth form said you need a 5 in Maths and English Language. Does that count though or not because there is no way a 5 can get you a total grade score of 54 (minimum entry requirements). It has to be either 7s or 8s.
Original post by Dinda Academy
So can you give me an example of a total grade score of 54 please as 8 best GCSE grades if that's ok?

Is this the right school? http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/sixthform/admissions.html

Read the admissions policy ... if there are too many applications from external canidates then you need to see how they decide who to take
Original post by arunamlle24

omg is that the school which dr frost maths guy works at

if it is tell him I said hi
Yeah, he was my teacher in Year 7 or 8 I don't remember, and we do online school so even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to send it haha.

luckyy, bruh imagine having dr frost as a teacher. also do you think for sixth form there is less competition for girls?
no, equal chances. Only around 20% of the current sixth form are girls i would say and literally why would being a girl give u a better chance lmao

because there's a whole other girl school and it's more likely that the majority of girls would apply there instead of at the boys one?:wink:
(edited 3 years ago)
I don't get how that would affect the chances?
"also do you think for sixth form there is less competition for girls?"

I may have misunderstood your question. Do you mean "Do you think less girls will sign up"?

ok, the question seems clear in my head so i'll just explain my thought process in case there's some misunderstanding haha
ok so basically i've applied to tiffins boys and tiffins girls for sixth form. however i would prefer to go to the boys one because i do not want to go to a one gender school. due to the fact that tiffins girls only accepts girls i am assuming that most girls would be applying there. Therefore there are less likely to be as many girl applications to tiffins boys and i believe they have to accept a certain amount of girls so as a result girls may have a higher chance of get accepted into the boys sixth form. i am assuming quite a bit so if i'm wrong about something, feel free to correct me :smile:
What about:

Maths: 9
Biology: 8
Chemistry: 7
English Literature: 8
English Language: 8
History: 8
Spanish: 9
Physics: 7

(total = 64)

This is for 2022 application btw
(edited 2 years ago)