The Student Room Group

UCAS clearing

Will the unis in clearing need a reference in my UCAS even if I meet their entry requirements? What happens if I do not have one?
Original post by lionelmessi34
Will the unis in clearing need a reference in my UCAS even if I meet their entry requirements? What happens if I do not have one?

Clearing is part of UCAS. You need a full ucas application including PS and reference to use it.

Why are you not applying before the January deadline? That’s the way to maximise your chances of an offer (and still have the option to use clearing).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Clearing is part of UCAS. You need a full ucas application including PS and reference to use it.

Why are you not applying before the January deadline? That’s the way to maximise your chances of an offer (and still have the option to use clearing).

My old sixth form dont want to give me predicted grades and a reference used last year. I am resitting privately at my old soxth form and they would not let me link my ucas to their centre . Even with this I still think it is possible to provide one , all I need is to nominate one of my form tutors last year or my head of sixth form to be my referee then fill in the pending grades but I still have not received a reply on email yet.
My old sixth form dont want to give me predicted grades and a reference used last year. I am resitting privately at my old soxth form and they would not let me link my ucas to their centre . Even with this I still think it is possible to provide one , all I need is to nominate one of my form tutors last year or my head of sixth form to be my referee then fill in the pending grades but I still have not received a reply on email yet.

Have you asked them if they’ll provide a reference without predicted grades?
most universities would accept a resit application without predictions.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have you asked them if they’ll provide a reference without predicted grades?
most universities would accept a resit application without predictions.

I will get rejected instantly if I do not have predicted grades
I will get rejected instantly if I do not have predicted grades

Which universities are you applying to?

Have you asked them. 99% of universities will happily consider resit applications without predicted grades
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Which universities are you applying to?

Have you asked them. 99% of universities will happily consider resit applications without predicted grades

uni of sheffield , uni of bristol and uni of notts I just think it is risky to apply without predicted grades. When I ask for a reference for the first time he said to do application by yourself , im not sure if he knows that I can nominate a referee instead of having to link ucas to centre. I am doing mechanical engineering so its competitive.
(edited 5 months ago)
uni of sheffield , uni of bristol and uni of notts I just think it is risky to apply without predicted grades. When I ask for a reference for the first time he said to do application by yourself , im not sure if he knows that I can nominate a referee instead of having to link ucas to centre. I am doing mechanical engineering so its competitive.

Have you asked your chosen universities about whether they require predicted grades for someone resitting their A levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending