The Student Room Group

Biggest shock of the season so far

For me it is Man Utd 1-2 Sheffield United. Can't believe that a title challenger lost AT HOME to the wooden spoon thus far.
Second will be Liverpool 0-1 Burnley.
Liverpool is my favourite team :biggrin:
what season?
It has to be Aston Villa 7 - 2 Liverpool
Reply 4
Original post by Zerforax

That’s one of the most shocking results of all time I’d say.

When I looked at the half time score I thought it must be a mistake. I really didn’t believe it and put the game on just to find out the real score.
waoo, amazing. i missed that stunning game of Liverpool vs Burnley. How about up coming matches?.........!
Original post by 8013
For me it is Man Utd 1-2 Sheffield United. Can't believe that a title challenger lost AT HOME to the wooden spoon thus far.

What about Liverpool's 2-7 defeat against Aston Villa and United's 1-6 defeat against the Spurs? the results were schocking indeed.
Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool without a doubt
Original post by xandra_sky
what season?

This season!

Same here. That is a defeat I didn't expect in the slightest before the kick off the match. The biggest surprise so far.
Manchester United not being awarded a penalty in every game, given how bias referees are.
Original post by 8013

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool

Elsewhere: Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid & Bayern Munich eliminated by 3rd-tier division teams in their domestic cups.
(edited 3 years ago)
Liverpool signing, not one but two centre backs in the January window on deadline day.

:woo:
Original post by GatoMessi
Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool

Elsewhere: Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid & Bayern Munich eliminated by 3rd-tier division teams in their domestic cups.

That was not a shock, that a pleasant surprise that the dominate team in the last eight years failed in round 2 of the cup competition. One title Bayern can't get in this season.
Original post by Kallisto
That was not a shock, that a pleasant surprise that the dominate team in the last eight years failed in round 2 of the cup competition. One title Bayern can't get in this season.

It is a SHOCK !!!! No excuses!!!
Reply 14
How about the 9-0?
Original post by 8013
How about the 9-0?

Well it happened to Southampton a year ago against Leicester, they had an early red card, half their squad is injured. I don't think it's that shocking.
Well it happened to Southampton a year ago against Leicester, they had an early red card, half their squad is injured. I don't think it's that shocking.

Funny thing when ManUre was 4-0 up, I told my friend jokily over WhatApps that ManUre would win 9-0 - it was because I remembered when So'ton lost 9-0 to Leicester, they lost a player to red card early in the game! Even as a joke, I did not think it would happen!!!
Original post by 8013
How about the 9-0?

Depends on the perspective: for the United fans, it was like :party2::party2::party2::borat:

But for the fans from Southhampton...:eek::eek::eek::frown::mad:

A glory day for one, a shocking experience for the other team.
As far as individual surprise packages are concerned, Jack Grealish is the first Englishman to top our Premier League ratings at Christmas since Wayne Rooney did it in 2011

Quick Reply

Latest