The Student Room Group

Continued... DWP Work Coach Vacancies July, September, November 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by claire31373
Mine says exactly the same, changed this morning I think
I accepted conditional offer on 20th (Kent) & not heard anything regarding those yet

When are you starting in Kent? Me on 8th.
We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course."

anyone know what this means? i feel a reserve email looming :rolleyes:
Original post by J2Jj
When are you starting in Kent? Me on 8th.

i don't know, mine was just conditional offer after i'd put it PECS and had video interview. Not had a call yet but that message on portal updated today. Lots of different updates for different people at the moment, hard to know what any of it means
Original post by mollyrose3108
We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course."

same message, hard to know isn't it! Hope it's not reserves

I've had that also but also been on reserve list since start of November and then it changed to a formal offer and then back to updating your application, then I had an extension of the reserve list email start of this week and now this new portal update about further details in due course, so I haven't got a clue if its positive or what 😫🤷🤦
Original post by Steelkane
I've had that also but also been on reserve list since start of November and then it changed to a formal offer and then back to updating your application, then I had an extension of the reserve list email start of this week and now this new portal update about further details in due course, so I haven't got a clue if its positive or what 😫🤷🤦

honestly the whole recruitment process is just wild lol what area did you apply for?
honestly the whole recruitment process is just wild lol what area did you apply for?

West Midlands - Black Country, you? Its been a long and tiring process, 4 months long 🤦*♂️

I checked my portal just after I got the reserve email (yesterday), and that's what my portal had changed to... Hopefully not the case for you though!
Original post by my_dog_cassie
I checked my portal just after I got the reserve email (yesterday), and that's what my portal had changed to... Hopefully not the case for you though!

yeah i had a feeling that would be the case for me :rolleyes:
Reply 89
Original post by my_dog_cassie

Same for me too
Hie everyone,Just gutted !!!i completed my PEC s day before.My countersignatory has not been contacted yet.
Received a Reserve list email just now stating “This vacancy attracted a number of highly qualified applicants and after careful consideration of all of the applications we are sorry to tell you that you have not been selected for appointment. However, as you were a strong candidate we would like to keep your name on a reserve list.”
Is this a regular protocol?do they put you on reserve before PECs ?

However My portal states
Your application is currently going through pre-employment check.confused !!!

Do I give up all hope?i am from Manchester area .
“Thank you for completing the online Situational Judgement Test. Your application will now be reviewed by our team.” Has Anyone who applied for the south London application and have this on their portal? Mine has been like this for 3 weeks.. is this a way they let you know that you didn’t pass by not updating when you passed or not and by letting you know a month later ?
just got "THE CALL" starting 15th of Jan! :h::h:

Congratulations 🎉 I’m starting 15th of Feb too 😃 good luck

That's super exciting, congrats!
I get a bit more hope every time I read about someone getting the call!
Reply 95
Original post by J2Jj
I've also applied in December for Kent.. Today I got emails confirming that PECs were successfully completed for both East London (applied in November) and Kent. What were your options for Kent?

My first option is Sittingbourne then sheerness, Maidstone, Chatham etc. I’m afraid that messing up the PEC’s is going to put me to the back of the list and all the Sittingbourne positions will be gone.
Reply 96

Congratulations! It must be 15th Feb...
Reply 97

YESSSS! Congratulations!! 🥳
Original post by northernbird15
It’s an absolute joke....I’ve just emailed back to say it’s a really unfair process and you should be told you are on reserve at the point you are given provisional
Offer.....once you accept the provisional offer and submit your pre employment checks you get a congratulations email saying subject to checks ...it just gives false hope....I’ve sent them an email to say I’m
Very disappointed with the process and haven’t been applying for anything else as really didn’t foresee this happening. Doubt it will help but they need to take feedback onboard. Such a bad way to treat people :frown:

This exact thing happened to me - I couldn't believe that my references were contacted and a DBS check performed if they clearly knew as soon as my interview was completed that I would probably be on the reserve list. I've not looked at threads on here for years, but wish I had just to know that it was possible, and I wasn't alone. I'd prepared myself for a long Civil Service-style "we'll tell you three months after your offer when you start", but not to be put onto a reserve list a whole month after completing pre-employment checks. I can't tell you how shameful it was to have to tell everyone that, actually, I hadn't got the job after all. I've been through some pretty poor job application processes, but this was by far and away the worst. I really hope that someone tells their story to someone in the media, just so the DWP (I don't know about civil service overall, I know a lot of people working as civil servants and none of them have heard of anything like this happening before) are shamed into changing the way they do things.
Original post by Sa05y1
YESSSS! Congratulations!! 🥳

Thank you!! honestly such a relief :h: praying for everyone else now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending