The Student Room Group

Interview for MPhil Basic and Translational Neuroscience at Cambridge

Hi, I received an interview for this course, and I was wondering if anyone would be able to share their experience. What was your interview like, and what sorts of questions should I expect?
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by aspiring_chefit
Hi, I received an interview for this course, and I was wondering if anyone has had experience interviewing for a Cambridge postgraduate program in general or for this program specifically. What was your experience like, and what can I expect?

Hi! Congratulations :smile: I haven't heard back yet, but it would be great if you could share your experience once your done with your interview!
I've had my interview. It's nothing you wouldn't expect aside from standard grad school interview questions. Just make sure you know your own research experiences well and are ready to explain some details! x
Hi, nice to see more applicants for the course :smile:
I had mine today, and as said above, it was pretty standard, just asking about my PS really. Whoever has an interview coming up please ask when we can expect to hear back hahah
Original post by ampaloompa
I've had my interview. It's nothing you wouldn't expect aside from standard grad school interview questions. Just make sure you know your own research experiences well and are ready to explain some details! x

Thank you for your response! Did they ask you a lot of detailed technical questions about your research? And would you say it's necessary to know your interviewer's research (i.e. have read the research papers of the interviewers)?
Original post by pinklemonade10
Hi, nice to see more applicants for the course :smile:
I had mine today, and as said above, it was pretty standard, just asking about my PS really. Whoever has an interview coming up please ask when we can expect to hear back hahah

Thank you for taking them time to respond! Did they ask you a lot of detailed technical questions about your research? and would you say it's necessary to know your interviewer's research (i.e. have read the research papers of the interviewers)?
Thank you for taking them time to respond! Did they ask you a lot of detailed technical questions about your research? and would you say it's necessary to know your interviewer's research (i.e. have read the research papers of the interviewers)?

in my case, not really!
Can I know your application timeline please? I was thinking of applying, but maybe it's too late.

in my case, not really!
Reply 8
Original post by Shannaphilip
Can I know your application timeline please? I was thinking of applying, but maybe it's too late.

There's still a lot of time before the official deadline if I'm not mistaken.
Anyone know when we can expect to hear back post-interview? Stressed hahah
Original post by Shannaphilip

I applied at the end of December and had my interview this week!
Thank you so much! I just submitted my application today! All the best everyone!
Anyone know when we can expect to hear back post-interview? Stressed hahah

Judging by what's on GradCafe (which is one entry only, for 2020 entry) they were accepted on 21 Feb, so I guess we might not hear anything any time soon
yeah, saw that, it's a shame there aren't more entries hahaha

Judging by what's on GradCafe (which is one entry only, for 2020 entry) they were accepted on 21 Feb, so I guess we might not hear anything any time soon
Reply 14
Hi everyone, thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to ask - how much time is it between receiving an invitation for an interview and the interview itself? And is there a possibility to choose the date of the interview? Thanks :smile:.
Original post by i.s.
Hi everyone, thank you for sharing your experience. I would like to ask - how much time is it between receiving an invitation for an interview and the interview itself? And is there a possibility to choose the date of the interview? Thanks :smile:.

for me it was roughly 4-5 days before, and they do ask if you're available so if you'd prefer a different time I guess it's possible to negotiate
Reply 16
for me it was roughly 4-5 days before, and they do ask if you're available so if you'd prefer a different time I guess it's possible to negotiate

I'm glad to hear that, thank you.
hey, wondering if anyone's had a move on their portal/ email update? wondering whether chances of rejection are increasing or if no one's had any updates hahah
hey, wondering if anyone's had a move on their portal/ email update? wondering whether chances of rejection are increasing or if no one's had any updates hahah

I just received my rejection email! Good luck to you and everyone else :smile:
I just received my rejection email! Good luck to you and everyone else :smile:

sorry to hear that :frown: i've been waitlisted but god knows if that means it's ever gonna happen lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending