The Student Room Group

Camp hill girls

Is Camphill grammar school for girls a good place to go to for sixth form? What are the teachers and the people like?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ssag1
I have no idea but I have applied there. I think it is highly unlikely that I will get a place tbh. Have you applied?

Yep I applied. I don’t know if I’ll get in either to be honest, what were your predicted grades like?
Original post by ssag1
Our school hasn't given us any predicted grades because of the current situation but in my mocks I got 9999998887. What are your predicted or mock grades like if you have them?

Ohh you should definitely get in with those grades then that’s so good! I got mostly 8’s and a few 7’s.
Original post by ssag1
That’s still really good! I hope so but it’s really really competitive from what I’ve heard and apparently they value applicants with lots of extra curriculars as-well which i don’t have😬

Oof I don’t have many extra curriculars either aha 😂 from what I’ve heard they’re really strict ab everything and give detentions for the smallest things so 😬what other school have you applied to
Original post by ssag1
I'm not surprised tbh. I've applied to King Edwards handsworth grammar for girls, sutton grammar, qm boys and girls and bishop vesey. Which other ones have you applied to?

Qm and five ways. What’s your first option
Original post by ssag1
Oh yeah I applied to five ways as well so probably that. But it's a bit far from where I live. What's your first option?

Five ways is my first option too😂
Original post by ssag1
Let’s hope we both get in then🤞🏼at least I might know one person from there. Do you know of anyone who already goes there or is applying there?

Omg noo idk anyone from there or applying. Wbu? 😭😭
Original post by ssag1
No! I'm acc really nervous about moving to a different sixth form

Same I’m really nervous about that too 😭 also have you heard anything back from five ways yet. Queen Mary’s have got back to me, but not five ways. Wbu?
Original post by ssag1
I think for five ways it's purely a results day process, so they won't make us any conditional offers or anything. But QM have got back to me as well. When do you think Camp Hill might get back to us? I haven't heard anything from them.

To be honest, I think camphill might do the same process as five ways then. Haven’t heard anything back from them yet either
Original post by ssag1
Probably. Do you think they're still going to do interviews?

I HOPE NOT interviews would probably be the reason I don’t get in😭😂
Original post by ssag1
I'm not surprised tbh. I've applied to King Edwards handsworth grammar for girls, sutton grammar, qm boys and girls and bishop vesey. Which other ones have you applied to?

QM is the best!
Honestly, I got a place in all of the King Edwards and camp hill was the wayyy down below for me on my list. All that there is for them is a name. Girls that go to camphill are snobbish and degrading...they are not so pleasant and the teachers to be frank are not to so supportive (they do the bare minimum) …how I know this?? Well its due to the fact that I know plenty of girls that go to the school and have seen how the teachers interact with the girls there
Original post by TheBrightSavage
Honestly, I got a place in all of the King Edwards and camp hill was the wayyy down below for me on my list. All that there is for them is a name. Girls that go to camphill are snobbish and degrading...they are not so pleasant and the teachers to be frank are not to so supportive (they do the bare minimum) …how I know this?? Well its due to the fact that I know plenty of girls that go to the school and have seen how the teachers interact with the girls there

What school do you recommend for Sixth form then? And do you have any experience or know any people who go to five ways and what was their experience like

as someone who has been at camp hill for years, i second this. the girls here aren’t that bad, but as someone from a lower income family i found it difficult to make friends and was shocked by the people i was surrounded by. a level teaching is not great at all, you’ll hear a lot of complaints because we are pretty much left to it! depends on what subjects you’re looking to study though. i honestly don’t think grammar schools are worth it past the name. we normally would get a lot of enrichment opportunities though, and they’re great with ucas stuff from what i’ve heard. feel free to ask any qs!
Original post by emilyttaggart
as someone who has been at camp hill for years, i second this. the girls here aren’t that bad, but as someone from a lower income family i found it difficult to make friends and was shocked by the people i was surrounded by. a level teaching is not great at all, you’ll hear a lot of complaints because we are pretty much left to it! depends on what subjects you’re looking to study though. i honestly don’t think grammar schools are worth it past the name. we normally would get a lot of enrichment opportunities though, and they’re great with ucas stuff from what i’ve heard. feel free to ask any qs!

Ahh i actually come from a low income family too and I’m at a private school atm, but I hate it there sm 😭the teacher are really horrible to you especially when they know you’re from low income background and the girls are just snobby and all they really care about are grades. It’s such a horrible environment to be in for 5 years so I wanted to move for sixth form and rlly want to go to five ways but it depends if I get the grades. Did u stay at camp hill for the entirety of sixth form then?
QM is the best!

It really is, I go to QM girls and the teachers there are very supportive and the people there are mostly very friendly
Reply 16
Original post by luckyangel_.x
Is Camphill grammar school for girls a good place to go to for sixth form? What are the teachers and the people like?

Finally heard back from KECHG saying they aim to get back to everyone by the end of next week so hopefully it's good news for all of us - I really want to go but I don't think I'll get in :frown:
Original post by Ayxsh
Finally heard back from KECHG saying they aim to get back to everyone by the end of next week so hopefully it's good news for all of us - I really want to go but I don't think I'll get in :frown:

Do you know what grades they want you to get in order to be given a conditional offer
Reply 18
Original post by dgupt
Do you know what grades they want you to get in order to be given a conditional offer

If I remember correctly it's 6s in at least 5 subjects including maths and English and then I think it's a 7 in the subjects you want and if you want to take sciences you need an 8. I'm predicted an 8 in bio, chem and RS which is what I want to take and then 7 in everything else. But these are my updated predicted grades - not the ones I put in my application which had 7s in science and an 8 in RS so I'm kinda worried
They said they consider down to 6s depending on the demand
Original post by ssag1
Were you there from year 7 or did you join for sixth form?

I've gone to QM since year 7, I'm in year 11
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending