The Student Room Group

UK bursary and scholarships

hi! could anyone explain what a bursary and scholarship is in the UK and the differences between the two? also do you know which schools take them for medicine or midwifery?
Original post by justhelpm789
hi! could anyone explain what a bursary and scholarship is in the UK and the differences between the two? also do you know which schools take them for medicine or midwifery?

From my understanding bursary is the money you require to "live" at uni for example travel and food. Scholarship is living and paying for your education i.e tuition fees and accomodation, a bursary would be around £300 monthly and a scholarship could go up to £1000 monthly
that’s so helpful, thank you so much! if u know, do you know how to get a scholarship?

You are given a scholarship by investors, one that i know of is jack patchey. However it is for extremely smart individuals with outstanding capabilities. Bursury is for disadvantaged students
Reply 3

There is useful information here: https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/student-advice/finance/university-bursaries-and-scholarships

In the UK a scholarship generally rewards high achievement and can be very competitive. Bursaries tend to be based on personal circumstances (low income families etc).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending