The Student Room Group

Birmingham A100 / A101 2021 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Wait how are you guys sorting out accommodation , I haven’t received an email about it yet??
Original post by tampa.b
thank you, that is very useful :smile:

I thought that contextual students get an offer of AAB but students who have done a Pathways programme get an offer of ABB. I’m not sure if i’m right but that’s what I’ve heard
Original post by Thegod1626
Wait how are you guys sorting out accommodation , I haven’t received an email about it yet??

I think there’s like an accommodation portal that opens on their website (not sure when) and you apply through there?
I thought it’s best to sort out accommodation once it’s been updated on track and it’s official
Original post by madi.m
haha same !! I'm looking forward to the events for offer holders so we can all get to know the vibe and the course

ayyyy you're the one with the same name as me and we both got in, let's gooo
Original post by Thegod1626

I don't think there's been an email, people are just thinking about accommodation and trying to apply, but I don't think we can until the offer comes through on track
Original post by Anon???
I tried to apply and it didn’t work so I think we need to wait for a track update :smile:

Thank you so much for this info :smile:
Reply 87
Bagged the offer at 17:18 yesterday, was a bit worried but found the email in the spam section lol, congrats to all of u
Original post by i.j.
Bagged the offer at 17:18 yesterday, was a bit worried but found the email in the spam section lol, congrats to all of u

my guy
Original post by madihahc
I don't think there's been an email, people are just thinking about accommodation and trying to apply, but I don't think we can until the offer comes through on track

You will be given a deadline by which to apply for accommodation and it is generally not until June. No points for early applications!
If you are planning to firm, then check out their accommodation website- they have some virtual tours of rooms which will give you a bit of an idea of which you may like. If I remember correctly, you shortlist 9 i believe.
Hey I was wondering if there’s accommodation where most medics live or first year students
Original post by coolcats+kittens
Hey I was wondering if there’s accommodation where most medics live or first year students

The majority in halls are first years. People tend to move out after that. Medics are spread across all the sites. Generally Birmingham tend to mix up flats across different courses.
Reply 92
Original post by Medic's Mother
The majority in halls are first years. People tend to move out after that. Medics are spread across all the sites. Generally Birmingham tend to mix up flats across different courses.

Is that gonna happen for this year too? I remember in this talk at Leicester med school that they sorta grouping all the courses in certain accommodation, e.g. all the medics together, all the nursing students in another, so there's less mixing, but idk if that's happening with Birmingham
Original post by i.j.
Is that gonna happen for this year too? I remember in this talk at Leicester med school that they sorta grouping all the courses in certain accommodation, e.g. all the medics together, all the nursing students in another, so there's less mixing, but idk if that's happening with Birmingham

They certainly haven't done that this year. My daughter has one other medic in her flat of 6. The rest are engineering, languages, business and politics students.
Reply 94
Original post by Medic's Mother
They certainly haven't done that this year. My daughter has one other medic in her flat of 6. The rest are engineering, languages, business and politics students.

Ye I remember that this is how it worked at Birmingham, in the flat u hav at least one other medic n then everyone else is a mix, glad to hear it
Original post by i.j.
Ye I remember that this is how it worked at Birmingham, in the flat u hav at least one other medic n then everyone else is a mix, glad to hear it

Yes, it works quite well having a mix
:smile:
Original post by aspiring_____
hi, i have a question, if anyone can help :smile:
on the website it says, "For applicants who attend a contextual school (see: 'Use of Contextual Data'), the offer is AAB".
so am i correct in saying everyone who has a school on the list will get an AAB offer, just because i've seen other post above saying they look at a combo of things as @mohussain said.

Where does it say that on the website?
Congrats to everybody here, I'm soo excited to start :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I tried to access/make an accommodation account but didn't receive any emails as well:s-smilie:
Reply 98
Original post by oracle87
I am considering to live outside of campus. Which area is cheaper? I am currently looking at Sally Oak. I am looking for a studio or 1 bedroom.

May I know how much does the train ticket cost? What's the train frequency like?

In london, there is a different fare between tube and train. I am unsure whether is University or Sally Oak station consider part of Birmingham city train network.

Selly Oak and Harborne are both nice places to live! Selly Oak may be cheaper than Harborne, but in general Harborne is a slightly nicer place to live.

If you live in Harborne however, the train doesn't go there so you're limited to walking (About 15-20) or taking the bus. The train does go to Selly Oak however! Trains run between Selly Oak and Uni every 10 minutes or so (until about 11pm), so it's never hard to get a train. It's not pricey - a few pounds I think. The fares can add up though so a lot of people just choose to walk from Selly.

Both the University and Selly Oak stations are part of Zone 2 so you can get a specific student train ticket if you'd like
Original post by a-aron
Selly Oak and Harborne are both nice places to live! Selly Oak may be cheaper than Harborne, but in general Harborne is a slightly nicer place to live.

If you live in Harborne however, the train doesn't go there so you're limited to walking (About 15-20) or taking the bus. The train does go to Selly Oak however! Trains run between Selly Oak and Uni every 10 minutes or so (until about 11pm), so it's never hard to get a train. It's not pricey - a few pounds I think. The fares can add up though so a lot of people just choose to walk from Selly.

Both the University and Selly Oak stations are part of Zone 2 so you can get a specific student train ticket if you'd like

which one is harborne i dont see it on the accommodation website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending