The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Staffordshire University or University of Hertfordshire?

Are there any current Game Art students that are able to give me their honest opinion on the Hertfordshire game arts program? I got an offer from Hertfordshire, but didn't have the opportunity to do an interview and learn about the program. Any insight will be helpful! I'm currently stuck between Staffordshire and Hertfordshire since I like both of their programs!
Original post by Anonymous
Are there any current Game Art students that are able to give me their honest opinion on the Hertfordshire game arts program? I got an offer from Hertfordshire, but didn't have the opportunity to do an interview and learn about the program. Any insight will be helpful! I'm currently stuck between Staffordshire and Hertfordshire since I like both of their programs!

Im currently in my first year of the hertfordshire games art course. I can say only come to herts if your going to put all the effort in, you honestly arent going to have much time on the course for a social life as your going to be primarily working on assignments. I cannot comment on staffordshire but i can tell you more about hertfordshire if you have any questions.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jack_lamb
Im currently in my first year of the hertfordshire games art course. I can say only come to herts if your going to put all the effort in, you honestly arent going to have much time on the course for a social life as your going to be primarily working on assignments. I cannot comment on staffordshire but i can tell you more about hertfordshire if you have any questions.

If you can tell me your experience or opinion on the program that would be amazing or even some things you'd tell future students!! Putting all the effort into it isn't a problem for me I basically work on artistic stuff in my free time a lot!
Original post by Anonymous
If you can tell me your experience or opinion on the program that would be amazing or even some things you'd tell future students!! Putting all the effort into it isn't a problem for me I basically work on artistic stuff in my free time a lot!

I'll try to make it short. You will work with industry programs such as maya, houdini and zbrush. You will aslo work within blender as it is rising in importance. I had almost zero 3d and animation experience and have now got to a point where im pretty confident with my skills (still a way to go though). As for 2d you will work in photoshop or a photoshop like program such as clip studio or krita and will be given briefs that encourage you to develop your digital art skills. You will also look at the cultural aspects of animation and will explore theories in relation to it. The tutors are literal gods at what they do and i think all have been in industry, they are very approachable and friendly. They can also hold an audience on a zoom call while sounding like R2D2 which says a lot (you should be in class though by september i believe). As for advice, take how long you think it will take to get an assignment done and x3. Ive had way to many triple all nighters and i dont have to tell you that seeing shadow people in the corner of your eye isn't a vibe so keep on top of your work. The course overall is great for industry and art development, i havent been in a physical class at all so my experience is limited but honestly its ****ing brilliant. If theres something more specific just ask
Reply 4
@jack_lamb The program honestly sounds amazing and like my dream program. Hopefully, I can figure things out financially since I'm going as an international student from the US. Thank you for all the info truly! I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending