The Student Room Group

MSc Dietetics UK 2021

Hi, I have an interview coming up for a Masters of Dietetics and am wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks? What kind of questions were you asked and did anything throw you that you weren't expecting? Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, where have you interviews for? 😊 I've also applied for a lot of dietetic courses and got an offer for Edinburgh yesterday!!
Reply 2
Original post by erincrowleyx
Hi, I have an interview coming up for a Masters of Dietetics and am wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks? What kind of questions were you asked and did anything throw you that you weren't expecting? Thank you!

Also, do you know anything about funding?
I've applied too. I've been rejected from Leeds, and put on the wait list for QMU Edinburgh. I'm waiting for the outcome of my interview with Kings and have heard nothing from London Met.
Brilliant well done! I have an interview with ulster university coleraine. I applied to Edinburgh and Leeds Beckett but have heard nothing. No invite to interview or even a rejection. I am from the Republic of Ireland so I wonder is that why. Disappointed anyways. What kind of questions were you asked?
Original post by Sm10012
Also, do you know anything about funding?

Original post by AffinityUtopia
I've applied too. I've been rejected from Leeds, and put on the wait list for QMU Edinburgh. I'm waiting for the outcome of my interview with Kings and have heard nothing from London Met.

What kind of things were you asked? Thanks!
They chose some topics, and subjects relevant to health and nutrition, science and how you deliver healthcare services to people. I signed a non-disclosure agreement to not disclose details about what was in the interview - I think it's to keep the interview process as fair as possible.
Original post by AffinityUtopia
They chose some topics, and subjects relevant to health and nutrition, science and how you deliver healthcare services to people. I signed a non-disclosure agreement to not disclose details about what was in the interview - I think it's to keep the interview process as fair as possible.

That makes sense. Thank you!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Brilliant well done! I have an interview with ulster university coleraine. I applied to Edinburgh and Leeds Beckett but have heard nothing. No invite to interview or even a rejection. I am from the Republic of Ireland so I wonder is that why. Disappointed anyways. What kind of questions were you asked?

Hi, well done!! When did you hear from Coleraine? I also applied but heard nothing back yet
Original post by Sm10012
Hi, well done!! When did you hear from Coleraine? I also applied but heard nothing back yet

Thanks! I got an email inviting me to interview about 2 weeks ago. My interview is next week
Reply 10
Thanks! I got an email inviting me to interview about 2 weeks ago. My interview is next week

That's strange, I thought every university would tell the person if they didn't get to the interview stage. I got an interview for Leeds but no decision yet and got an offer for Edinburgh, but I was really hoping for an interview with coleraine too. When did you apply?
Original post by Sm10012
That's strange, I thought every university would tell the person if they didn't get to the interview stage. I got an interview for Leeds but no decision yet and got an offer for Edinburgh, but I was really hoping for an interview with coleraine too. When did you apply?

I applied in January. When did you have an interview for Leeds? I haven’t heard anything from either of those universities.
Original post by Sm10012
Submit replyHey, where have you interviews for? 😊 I've also applied for a lot of dietetic courses and got an offer for Edinburgh yesterday!!

I have applied for a lot of the courses as well, but I still haven't heard back from any of them. Has anyone heard back from them?
Reply 13
Original post by huszlabemi
I have applied for a lot of the courses as well, but I still haven't heard back from any of them. Has anyone heard back from them?

Leeds, Chester and Edinburgh I've heard from but nothing from London met yet - where all did you apply?
Original post by Sm10012
Leeds, Chester and Edinburgh I've heard from but nothing from London met yet - where all did you apply?

I have applied to Leeds Beckett, London Met and QMU. I had an interview with Leeds on the beginning of March, but I still haven't heard back from them. Have you received any replies from Leeds and Edinburgh yet?
I have applied to Leeds Beckett, London Met and QMU. I had an interview with Leeds on the beginning of March, but I still haven't heard back from them. Have you received any replies from Leeds and Edinburgh yet?

No I have heard nothing. I saw on an email from QMU that we should hear at the latest 31st March so fingers crossed we will know early next week
Reply 16

I haven't heard back from Leeds yet but got an offer for Edinburgh yesterday so yes I think you should hear back soon for them 🤞
Original post by Sm10012
I haven't heard back from Leeds yet but got an offer for Edinburgh yesterday so yes I think you should hear back soon for them 🤞

Congrats! Is there an interview for Edinburgh?

Congratulations ! No QMU is the only uni that doesn't require any interview.
Reply 19

No interview so it's a little less stressful!! Just not sure what way funding works so will have to find all that out for it. Hope yous hear back soon with some good news too🤞🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending