The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

product and industrial design (UAL)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EliasAdams
Glad I could help! I received my offer verbally right after the interview. I just firmed the course on my UCAS this morning.

Wow, that's great! During the interview, he also told me that I verbally got in :smile:, but I'm still waiting for it to come through UCAS. Hopefully, I see you there too in CSM. ALthough I'm still deciding whether to do the 3DDA foundation or not hummm.
The thing is I haven`t done A-level product design, only done it as GCSE so I don`t know..:redface:. I don't think have the same level of making skills and workshop practice and technical knowledge. I suppose I can learn those but still.

Did you do a foundation?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by THE_BLACK_CAT
Wow, that's great! During the interview, he also told me that I verbally got in :smile:, but I'm still waiting for it to come through UCAS. Hopefully, I see you there too in CSM. ALthough I'm still deciding whether to do the 3DDA foundation or not hummm.
The thing is I haven`t done A-level product design, only done it as GCSE so I don`t know..:redface:. I don't think have the same level of making skills and workshop practice and technical knowledge. I suppose I can learn those but still.

Did you do a foundation?

Congratulations! I didn't do a foundation. As you have a offer for direct entry to the BA course, the interviewer must have been very impressed with your work. This is good as that means they think/have a very strong sense that you are ready for the course. From my understanding, the foundation is meant to teach students 'how to design' including how to document your work and how to 'nurture' design ideas. The portfolio is what I believe tells them the applicant is ready for the BA.
Glad I could help! I received my offer verbally right after the interview. I just firmed the course on my UCAS this morning.

Hey Elias congrats on the offer, I got one too. I know it's slightly early but what accommodation are you thinking of staying in. I'm personally between Sketch House and Emily Bowes Court.
Congratulations! I didn't do a foundation. As you have a offer for direct entry to the BA course, the interviewer must have been very impressed with your work. This is good as that means they think/have a very strong sense that you are ready for the course. From my understanding, the foundation is meant to teach students 'how to design' including how to document your work and how to 'nurture' design ideas. The portfolio is what I believe tells them the applicant is ready for the BA.

hummm that is true. I didn't think of it that way. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey Elias congrats on the offer, I got one too. I know it's slightly early but what accommodation are you thinking of staying in. I'm personally between Sketch House and Emily Bowes Court.

hi I received an offer for fashion marketing at Lcf and am thinking of staying at Emily Bowes court xx
my insta is @paigeylynn_

Thank you! Have you firmed UAL on UCAS. What other schools have you applied to? I am still thinking about accomodation but thinking about Wigram and Sketch.
Reply 26
Hi all I have received an offer for product design at csm -but still not heard anything from ucas or letter... I was waiting to hear and read that things were not updating so I emailed asking about a timeframe and got told I have an offer !!! would recommend sending an email if anyone is still waiting to hear as the response was within a few hours (weekday) I am from the uk and am completing A levels atm i would love to set up a group chat on ig or sc with some other offer holders?!? Xx
Reply 27
Thank you! Have you firmed UAL on UCAS. What other schools have you applied to? I am still thinking about accomodation but thinking about Wigram and Sketch.

Hey, just realized I posted it anonymously rather than directly. I haven’t firmed UAL yet because I still didn’t get reply’s from everyone. I applied to loughborough, goldsmith, Glasgow and Nottingham Trent and got in to UAL, loughborough and Trent.

What about you?
Original post by SalmaG
Hey, just realized I posted it anonymously rather than directly. I haven’t firmed UAL yet because I still didn’t get reply’s from everyone. I applied to loughborough, goldsmith, Glasgow and Nottingham Trent and got in to UAL, loughborough and Trent.

What about you?

Our application list is very similar. I also applied to Loughborough, Goldsmiths, Glasgow. I was accepted into Loughborough but rejected from Goldsmiths as my portfolio was too industrial design focused. I firmed UAL as find the course to be a better fit overall.

My impression is that the Loughborough course focuses more on technical design while UAL/CSM is more conceptual. I have been involved with 3D printers, CAD software and general technical design for many years now so would like to focus more on conceptual design. UAL is a dedicated art/design university and located in London which I think is better for making connections. Also, coming from Hong Kong, I think London would be more similar. I prefer living in cities.
Original post by Ezbeth
Hi all I have received an offer for product design at csm -but still not heard anything from ucas or letter... I was waiting to hear and read that things were not updating so I emailed asking about a timeframe and got told I have an offer !!! would recommend sending an email if anyone is still waiting to hear as the response was within a few hours (weekday) I am from the uk and am completing A levels atm i would love to set up a group chat on ig or sc with some other offer holders?!? Xx

Congratulations on the offer. A group chat on ig or sc sounds great it would be a nice opportunity to meet others. My ig is @salmaagarana
Reply 30
Congratulations on the offer. A group chat on ig or sc sounds great it would be a nice opportunity to meet others. My ig is @salmaagarana

Mine is @elizabeth-mck02 I have requested!
Original post by Ezbeth

Hiya, this was really helpful, I hadn't heard anything either so I sent them an email and got told I had an offer too!

I also applied to Loughborough, GSA, Brighton and Product & Furniture Design at Chelsea...although I haven't heard back from them even though my interview was in January. CSM is my top choice, I was considering Loughborough for a while but I went to an online open day and they came across as a bit boring to be honest.

An ig group sounds like a great idea, I'm @harry.lng xx
Hi, I've got an offer to study at UAL CSM for Product + Industrial Design this year. Are any of you able to share what it's like studying there? and what the course/uni is like? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending