The Student Room Group

Air transport management msc question

Has anyone studied Air transport management msc, and found a job after? I am interested in studying the course but have no idea how the experience is and the job prospects.
Reply 1
Maybe you could be a pilot? (If u did it with pilot training)

What uni is that with 🤔
The airline and airport industry is not great right now and will take a few years to bounce back. Are you sure you want to do this masters?
Reply 3
If he’s doing masters, doesnt that mean he already has bachelor degree on it already?
Reply 4
Original post by Biskwit
If he’s doing masters, doesnt that mean he already has bachelor degree on it already?

I have a degree in mechanical engineering
Reply 5
Original post by mike23mike
The airline and airport industry is not great right now and will take a few years to bounce back. Are you sure you want to do this masters?

I was thinking that and thinking about studying while its down so I could take advantage when it rises
Reply 6
How is mechanical engineering, how hard is it compared to a levels? (Cuz I’m going uni next yr and idk wether I should do a aviation degree or engineering, I want to be a pilot)
Reply 7
Original post by Biskwit
How is mechanical engineering, how hard is it compared to a levels? (Cuz I’m going uni next yr and idk wether I should do a aviation degree or engineering, I want to be a pilot)

Mechanical engineer was full of math. And very confusing math. If you are a math wizard then this will be good for you.
Reply 8
What kinda mafs, is there a lot of integration?

Can a B/C student be capable of dat thing, and are there equations which you need to learn

How hard would you say it’s compared to A-Levels
Hi, colleagues One question please is EECT028, MSc Air Transport Management required ATAS certificate, I checked the MSc Air Transport Management, CAH code (CAH10-01-04), however, the MSc Air Transport Management is appearing on the ATAS webpage. The one showed on the list ATAS webpage and required ATAS certificate is aeronautical and aerospace engineering under the same code (CAH10-01-04). so, is there someone who can clarify that if MSc Air Transport Management is still required for the ATAS certificate or not since is not appearing on the ATAS webpage? here is the link where I checked the courses required ATAS certificate.https://www.gov.uk/guidance/academic-technology-approval-scheme
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Maice96
Has anyone studied Air transport management msc, and found a job after? I am interested in studying the course but have no idea how the experience is and the job prospects.

Hey @Maice96

I recently completed my Air Transport Management MSc at De Montfort University. I too was a bit concerned about the job prospects after the programme and whilst in my final semester I started to apply to jobs. Whilst job hunting, an opportunity presented itself to continue my studies to do my PhD in Air Transport Management. As a result, I quickly dropped job hunting and went full throttle into the PhD. I would strongly suggest the following companies as they have internships/placements available for Air Transport Management students. They are and are not limited to, ICF, ICF Next, WSP, Matt MacDonald, GE Aviation, and DHL Express. These companies advertise heavily on LinkedIn so make sure that your profile is up to date. You should also look at the networking opportunities the university you are thinking of applying to has. During my programme, we were able to network with Manchester Airport, Birmingham Airport, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Airport Council International and a few other consultancy firms around the UK.

I really hope this helps. If you need any guidance or advice about Air Transport Management, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

- Dennis :biggrin: (PhD Air Transport Management student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending