The Student Room Group

2021 Additional Assessment Materials released to students (AQA, Edexcel & OCR papers)

Hi guys, :wavey:

Exam Boards have now released the additional assessment material that may be used by teachers in any assessments that you have up and coming. This doesn't seem to have been done in a particularly co-ordinated way, so I thought we would bring it all together in one place so that you can find these questions if you want to.

Additional Assessment Material by Exam Board

AQA (All Levels) - Scroll down to 'Get Assessment and Support Materials' select your level and the subject you are looking for and select 'see materials'

OCR (All Levels) - Select your level and subject and download the ZIP file provided.

Pearson Edexcel (All levels) - Select your level and then subject underneath the header "Summer 2021 assessment materials for students" Then simply open up the tab called 'Summer 2021 assessment materials for students'

Eduqas (All levels) - Select your subject, then click the tab resources and finally the Summer 21 Assessment Materials tab that will appear below.

We will try and keep this list updated as we find more.

TSR's Guidance for using the Additional Assessment Material (AAM)

Number 1: The most important bit of advice we can give, do not panic. There is no benefit to downloading every single resource and trying to cram them all in the hope that you may recognise a question in one of your exams (if your teachers even decide to set you one). Teachers have a range of questions to choose from and trying to memorise answers to every possible combination of exam questions and these materials is not an effective way of studying.

Number 2: If you are going to use these as revision resources, make sure you are only looking at topics that you have covered with your teachers. Teachers will not be setting you surprise questions from topics that you have missed due to the pandemic.

Number 3: Take a second and ask yourself, how do I learn best? For some people going through these questions and trying to answer them may be the best thing for them, but for others it may be better to trust your existing revision methods. There's nothing wrong with going back to your mind maps or textbooks.

Number 4: If in doubt, ask your teachers. Your teachers are the ones who will be assessing you this summer, so they are the best placed in supporting and advising you on how to incorporate this material into your revision.

If you have any questions about what the above means to you, please feel free to ask below and we will try and support as much as possible. This is all very new to everyone involved!

In Year 13 and unsure about your uni place this year? Sign up to receive updates on exams and results, so you know what's coming and how to be prepared.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why can I not access Pearson? It seems to all be locked?
Original post by Abzzino1
Why can I not access Pearson? It seems to all be locked?

Hmm, it does seem that these questions are behind a wall. I will look into this now, potentially I've linked to the wrong resource!
Reply 3
Original post by Evil Homer
Hmm, it does seem that these questions are behind a wall. I will look into this now, potentially I've linked to the wrong resource!

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/mathematics-2017.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

They're up on this page now for maths, under "Summer 2021 assessment materials for students" (definitely weren't there earlier!) - I'm guessing they're under the same menus for other subjects too :smile:

Edit: Yep, just go to the relevant subject page and click on "Teaching and learning materials" and they should be there
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Interea
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/mathematics-2017.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

They're up on this page now for maths, under "Summer 2021 assessment materials for students" (definitely weren't there earlier!) - I'm guessing they're under the same menus for other subjects too :smile:

They still seem to be locked when you try and download them unfortunately ! Will see if we can find out why :smile:
Reply 5
They still seem to be locked when you try and download them unfortunately ! Will see if we can find out why :smile:

They downloaded for me, how strange!
Reply 7
Just realised this has just been posted above. I have just tried it again now and it does work. I have been using this since around 10.00 am this morning but I agree it’s not that easy to find.
Original post by cefox
Just realised this has just been posted above. I have just tried it again now and it does work. I have been using this since around 10.00 am this morning but I agree it’s not that easy to find.

Yes I've figured it out! Far too complicated for a Monday! Will update instructions accordingly now!
Reply 9
Yes I've figured it out! Far too complicated for a Monday! Will update instructions accordingly now!

Thank you very much for co-ordinating this
when I go to AQA chemistry, to look for resources, they all say Foundation. How do I access Higher?
Original post by not/so/studious
when I go to AQA chemistry, to look for resources, they all say Foundation. How do I access Higher?

They've just misnamed them - if you download the documents you'll see half of them are actually higher (hence why there seem to be two foundation sets for each unit).
Original post by Interea
They've just misnamed them - if you download the documents you'll see half of them are actually higher (hence why there seem to be two foundation sets for each unit).

Thank you :smile:
Reply 13
Can someone help I only found alevel and as maths but i do gcse but i can't find them anywhere on pearsons.
Original post by naz00
Can someone help I only found alevel and as maths but i do gcse but i can't find them anywhere on pearsons.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/mathematics-2015.coursematerials.html#%2FfilterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

Scroll down to "Summer 2021 assessment materials for students" :smile:
Reply 15
Its only maths and I do edexcel science.
Original post by naz00
Its only maths and I do edexcel science.

https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

Ah my mistake, same instructions as before then but on this link instead - scroll down to "Summer 2021 assessment materials for students" :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Interea
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/sciences-2016.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FTeaching-and-learning-materials

Ah my mistake, same instructions as before then but on this link instead - scroll down to "Summer 2021 assessment materials for students" :smile:

Thank you!!!!
I am unable to download the English language. Do you need downloading on pc rather than phones as it’s a zip file.
i cant find the history test papers for a level only math and the GCSE papers ae visible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending